What's your opinion

OK. tell me what you think… My mother in law’s name is [name]Adrienne[/name], it’s a pretty name just not one that I want to name my daughter, however I did want to incorporate family names IF it was possible. So for a first name I like Rienne (pronounced [name]Ryan[/name], or [name]Rian[/name]) Rienne is part of [name]AdRIENNE[/name] for my mother in law. And then my aunts middle name is [name]Kay[/name] and my grandma’s is [name]Lee[/name] so I’m thinking she will be Rienne [name]Kaylee[/name]. What’s everyone think?

Rienne (and variants like [name]Ryanne[/name]) are probably more popular than you think. I’m a teacher with a class load of about 80 kids, and I’ve had one of these girls every year for the past four years. [name]Kaylee[/name] is over-the-top popular (part of the [name]Kayla[/name]/[name]Kyla[/name]/[name]Kylie[/name] trend). So if you’re looking for something unique, you probably want to keep looking. If that’s not an issue for you, then I think Rienne is fine, but you can probably come up with another way of honoring your family other than [name]Kaylee[/name]. [name]How[/name] about your aunt or grandmother’s surname?

I think it’s great you want to honour family and you have some intersting ideas. I think if you want to you Rienne however you’re going to have to either pronounce it [name]Ree[/name]-ann, or deal with people mispronouncing it all the time. You could perhaps just go with [name]Rian[/name]? The [name]Kaylee[/name] middle name is a cute idea. It’s not a name I would personally use but the family connection is very sweet :slight_smile:

I like Rienne but agree that there would be pronunciation issues. If I were to just see it and try to pronounce it, I’d probably say [name]Ree[/name]-IN or something along those lines. [name]Kaylee[/name] seems a little too overused and popular for my tastes, but if you really love its connections, then use it!

I’d assume Rienne was said like [name]Adrienne[/name] minus the first syllable, not like [name]Ryan[/name].

I too would pronounce Rienne, ree-IN or ree-EN, and not like [name]Ryan[/name]. I think most people will be confused by this spelling and it’s an added burden to the name, which, being traditionally male, is already complicated enough. If you really love [name]Ryan[/name], I would spell it this way. However, if you want to honor [name]MIL[/name] there are probably more direct ways to do so. You could go with [name]Adria[/name], [name]Adriana[/name] or [name]Adrie[/name], which are variations of the name. Or you could use the first to letters and go with something like [name]Adeline[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Addison[/name], [name]Ada[/name], etc. As for [name]Kaylee[/name], I think it’s sweet considering the family connection. [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

I think you would have a hard time getting people to call her [name]Ry[/name]-inn. Not only does it look like [name]Ree[/name]-en, but it’s meant to honor someone whose name contains the “Re-en” sound.

To be honest, I really don’t like Rienne and I think that people might be confused with the pronunciation. Also, it sounds really masculine rather than elegant.
You might like:
[name]Adria[/name]
[name]Adrianna[/name]
Also, I’ve found that the meaning of the name [name]Adrienne[/name] is “from [name]Hadria[/name]” and/or “dark one.” Going by that, (though it could be a stretch), these names are related and could be used to honor:
Aelia (feminine form of Aelius, which was the family name of [name]Roman[/name] emperor [name]Hadrian[/name] - his forefathers were from [name]Hadria[/name])
Next few are related to Aelia:
[name]Aeliana[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Eliane[/name]
[name]Liana[/name]
Names meaning “dark”:
[name]Melanie[/name]
[name]Keira[/name] / [name]Ciara[/name] / [name]Kira[/name]
[name]Colby[/name]
[name]Layla[/name] (means “night”)
[name]Merle[/name] (means “blackbird”)

Middle Name:
Kateri - [name]Kay[/name] is from [name]Katherine[/name]. Kateri is the Mohawk pronunciation of [name]Katherine[/name].
[name]Cateline[/name] - Medieval French variant of [name]Katherine[/name]. (Also, [name]Adrienne[/name] is a French name, so that might be a nice connection.)
[name]Kaia[/name] / [name]Kaya[/name] - somehow related to [name]Katherine[/name].
[name]Meadow[/name] - the meaning of [name]Lee[/name].
[name]Liora[/name] - just related by sound.

My favorite combo:
[name]Liana[/name] [name]Cateline[/name]
This connects to all the names because [name]Liana[/name] relates to [name]Adrienne[/name] and also has that “lee” sound at the beginning. [name]Cateline[/name] relates to [name]Kay[/name], and is also a French name like [name]Adrienne[/name].