Which boy names would you ADD/REMOVE from my list, in order to make it cohesive?

We’re TTC for baby #1, and I want to make sure that whatever name we give him/her matches with names we like for future babies.

Which names on our list do you think FIT IN or DON’T FIT IN with the rest? Are there any off the top of your head you would add? Posting on the girl’s forum as well for girl suggestions. Edited to add: Please take the girl names into consideration as well, so I know if there are any that don’t fit together as a boy-girl duo. Thank you!

Boys:
Archer (nn Archie)
Arthur
August
Remy
Felix
Griffin

Girls:
Florence
Harriet (nn Hattie)
Eliza
Juliet
Ines
Astrid

As I said in your previous post, I think all your boys are very cohesive and fit together well!

Some suggestions off the top of my head to add:

[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_u]George[/name_u]
Henry/Harry
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
Casper/Jasper
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Hector[/name_m]
[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]
[name_m]Cillian[/name_m]
[name_u]William[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]

1 Like

Thank you! I love so many of your suggestions, much appreciated. :slight_smile: Out of curiosity, when you say the boy names fit well together, did you take the girl names into account as well? As in, do the boy names match with the girl names, or just with each other?

I think all of your boys’ names work well together although the ones that are most cohesive, and that I love the most, are Felix, Remy and August. Perhaps they feel similar in style to me simply because they’re all so high on my own list, although it might also be because they’re all versatile, spunky international names. I also quite like Archer and can definitely see it alongside your other names style-wise. I’d add the following:

Otis
Jasper
Rafferty
Atlas
Lucian
Rex
Caspar
Hugo
Dashiell
Jude
Marlowe
Louis
Otto
Xavier
Atticus
Bastian
Milo
Caspian
Apollo
Cyrus

1 Like

Keeping in mind that you are thinking for a future sibset, I personally wouldn’t use all the same first letter. [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] & [name_u]August[/name_u] are my favorites and I think they work nicely together. [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] & [name_u]Archer[/name_u] are too close and I would pick one or the other. [name_u]Remy[/name_u] feels too nick-namey, with the distinguished sounding Arthur/August.

I love [name_m]Felix[/name_m], but it doesn’t have the same vibe for me personally. [name_f]Nor[/name_f] does [name_u]Griffin[/name_u].

[name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
[name_m]Eugene[/name_m]
[name_m]Bernard[/name_m]
[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]

1 Like

Re: The first letter, I feel the same! I wish all the boy names I really liked didn’t start with A. I also love [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] for a middle name, go figure.

With the boys and girls lists together, I’d say [name_u]Remy[/name_u] feels the most out of place to me

The boys fit very well with each other but not all of them fit with the girls. For instance, I would say that the groupings style wise would be:

[name_u]Griffin[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u] & [name_m]Felix[/name_m]

[name_f]Ines[/name_f], [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] & [name_u]Archer[/name_u]

[name_u]Arthur[/name_u], [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_u]Florence[/name_u], [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] & [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

But they all do work together - I probably wouldn’t bat an eyelid if I saw a sibset of [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_u]Archer[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] & [name_f]Ines[/name_f] (just as an example) so really all of the names work very well together, despite some of them being different styles.

1 Like

I think they sound cohesive, within and across the same gender.

[name_u]Arrow[/name_u]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_m]Granger[/name_m]
[name_m]Haskell[/name_m]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Heath[/name_m]
[name_u]Evren[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Amory[/name_u] / [name_u]Emery[/name_u] / [name_u]Emory[/name_u]
[name_m]Emil[/name_m] / [name_m]Emilian[/name_m] / [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]