Which boys name?

We had chosen [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] for our baby boys name, who is arriving imminently. I love [name_m]Jonah[/name_m], but a family member has suggested [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] (we are not sharing the chosen name, they suggested it whilst trying to guess) and it has been stuck in my head.

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] is more popular than I would have liked, but there is something I like about it.

Out of [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] and [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] which do you prefer?

The middle name will be [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] (after a family member who has passed) but will possibly use two middle names.

1 Like

[name_m]Welcome[/name_m] to NB!

I’m not typically a double-middle gal, but [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] / [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] actually sounds great!

Of the two, I would still go with [name_m]Jonah[/name_m].

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote would be for [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] but I agree with MrsG, [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] / [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] work really well so my advice would be to use both :blush:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to [name_m]Jonah[/name_m].

1 Like

Huge congratulations on your baby boy 🩵

Both names are gorgeous!

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] is such a handsome outdoorsy name that feels soft, peaceful and calming. I love the meaning dove and that tie to nature. [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] has such a wonderful sound and the nickname [name_m]Joe[/name_m] is sweet.

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] has been a favourite of mine for a really long time! He’s rugged, outdoorsy, spirited yet calming and looks visually appealing with the zippy z in the middle. [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is gorgeous I would use this name within a heartbeat.

Honestly I think both are lovely. If it was me I would run with [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] as he has been your longtime favourite but maybe keep [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] in your back pocket and wait till your boy is born seeing which name works best.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps and wishing you all the best :sparkles:

2 Likes

I love the name [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]! It has a wonderful meaning. That would be my choice for the first name. However, [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] flows a little bit better that [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], I think.

That being said, I believe [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] would be perfect! It combines all the names you adore and it sounds amazing. Very charming and handsome!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Jonah[/name_m], and it’s much more underused than [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]. [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is an exceptional name.

1 Like

jonah thomas!

1 Like

Ooo that’s a hard call.
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] is on my own list, so that’s my vote.

On a side note, I’ve always thought [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] & [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] would make great sibling names.

1 Like

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], tough choice!

Both have lovely meanings, both feel solid and established but contemporary too, both are soft but strong.

I think ultimately, [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] is my favourite - warm, charming, literary and cool. It’s got a distinctive feel too. [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] is less popular but with [name_m]Joey[/name_m], [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], [name_m]Jonas[/name_m], [name_m]Joshua[/name_m], [name_m]Noah[/name_m] etc ranking too, it feels more familiar than it actually is? Not sure.

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] is lovely though and you can’t go wrong

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m]

Both boy names are gorgeous! [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] has been on my list for awhile. It is a bit popular, but if you love the name, there isn’t anymore to be said. [name_f]My[/name_f] vote does go to [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]. [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is an amazing combo. Though of course it’s up to you! I hope this helps you make your choice!

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] is more retro, spunky and energetic to me, while [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] is warm, friendly (and a little cheeky), more solidly reliable. They’re both fab choices. Maybe a name like [name_m]Micah[/name_m], [name_m]Elijah[/name_m], [name_m]Elias[/name_m], or [name_m]Jude[/name_m] might be a half way point? Otherwise, I would probably stick with the longer term love, [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]!

I like [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]! I think it’s a great name and am always surprised it’s not at the top of the charts. I think [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] sounds great together.

I love both [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] and [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] both have been on my boys name lists for years. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite though is [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] because I love the nicknames you can get from it ie. [name_m]Joey[/name_m], [name_f]Jo[/name_f]. [name_m]Super[/name_m] cute

[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] sounds like a heart throb ! And my child of the 90’s self is just picturing [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] [name_f]Taylor[/name_f] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

I really like [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]! I love the nickname [name_f]Jojo[/name_f] for a baby too. I also think [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] sounds fantastic (and the initials JT sound good). I do think if you like [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] too though it’s short enough to use as a second middle name (I’d go with [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] Ezra). I also think it’s normal to second guess your name choice as you get close to the due date, but if [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] is a name you’ve loved for a while I’d be tempted not to get swayed - hope that helps!

Whenever people are down to a couple names that they’re deciding between I always suggest waiting until they see the baby if they’re really stuck on what to choose

For me I would choose [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] over [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] because you’ve loved it longer. I also think because you’ve started to love [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] more recently, you don’t know if in time you’ll grow out of it. Sometimes names are like songs. You’ll listen to it over and over again because you just love it so much and you think you’ll never get sick of it. Then one day you lose the itch to listen to it and you’re sort of over it. You know you love [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] and you’ve had your heart set on it for a while so it’s outlasted my song analogy if that makes sense

And like cms1512 suggested you could always do [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] or [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] if you do go the double middle name route and don’t have another honour name on your mind! [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] and [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] also make a great sibset if you happen to have another son down the line!