Which Catherine combo?

See the results of this poll: Which combo for Catherine?

Respondents: 38 (This poll is closed)

• Catherine Ophelia : 19 (50%)
  • Catherine Octavia : 13 (34%)
  • Something else (suggest in comments): 6 (16%)

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] is charming! I love it.

I’ve always loved fairly short Italian names with [name]Catherine[/name]–[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Elena[/name], [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Sofia[/name], etc. I think [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Renata[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Lilia[/name] would be pretty, too…

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Octavia[/name]! I love it, I’m surprised how much I do. I think it’s a really unexpected middle, and it’s a good balance of classic and quirky.
My only suggestion would be [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Esme[/name], that’s my own favorite.
[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

• [name]Athena[/name]

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Odette[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Odile[/name] might also be interesting O-options.

I think [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] sounds lovely, but I don’t like it. [name]Ophelia[/name] will always be the tragic girl from [name]Hamlet[/name] to me. I just think [name]Octavia[/name] doesn’t sound good with [name]Catherine[/name].

Other O names you might like:

[name]Catherine[/name] Onica (I like [name]Annika[/name] spelled this way, but not sure its real. I have seen it though)
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Obelia[/name] (its Greek for “Piller of strength”)
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Odette[/name] – this is lovely to me
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Odelette[/name] – Greek for “little song”
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Odessa[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ohanna[/name] – Armenian for “God’s gracious gift”
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Olympia[/name] – Greek for “[name]Heavenly[/name]/ of Mount [name]Olympus[/name]”
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Oona[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Orianna[/name] – Latin for “golden, dawning”
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name] – I pronounce it the [name]German[/name] way AHT-till-ee-uh. There’s also oh-[name]TILL[/name]-ee which I think sounds nice.

If you’d be willing to come away from the O names, I think all these are lovely:

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Arielle[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Serenity[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Juliette[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Geneva[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Annaliese[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you like any of those?

[name]Just[/name] to clarify - middle name suggestions that don’t start with O are more than welcome! As long as they’re unusual to balance the commonness of [name]Catherine[/name].

Of the two main choices, I gave it to [name]Octavia[/name]. I do love the variant [name]Ottavia[/name], though, it just softens it and takes it further away from octopi for me.

Rather gem-themed - accidentally! - but of not-on-the-list ones, [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Opal[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Olivine[/name] would be my O name picks.

As far as just unusual middle names that aren’t O’s, I have a fixation with a few initials so my list looks a bit skewed:
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Viveca[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Viola[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Verity[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Xanthe[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] Xylia - a much more exotic relation of [name]Sylvia[/name] with similar “from the woodland” meaning.
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Zephirine[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Zelda[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Zinnia[/name]

[name]Odell[/name], [name]Odette[/name], or [name]Olive[/name] would be my suggestions. Of the two suggestions, I love [name]Ophelia[/name] the best:)

I adore [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name]!