Which do you prefer?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer [name_f]Maris[/name_f] or [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]? Why? What names do you think are similar?

1 Like

Marisol is so beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]!! [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] springs to mind

1 Like

Marisol is stunning! [name_f]Marisa[/name_f] comes to mind.

1 Like

Both are great names! I think of [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] as a Hispanic name tho (if you are not), due to it’s Spanish origin.

Since [name_f]Maris[/name_f] means “of the sea” a few other sea/ocean related names come to my mind!

Cordelia
[name_u]Hali[/name_u]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_f]Mareena[/name_f]
[name_f]Maura[/name_f]
[name_f]Mayim[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_f]Muriel[/name_f]
[name_f]Nerissa[/name_f]
[name_u]Pasha[/name_u]

2 Likes

I love both but to me they’re very different in style. [name_f]Maris[/name_f], sounds a little more vintage,cool, understated chic, while [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] is more modern, bubbly and bright. So it would just depend on what vibe you’re looking for.

1 Like

[name_f]Marisol[/name_f]. But now when it rhyms with parasol. It’s pronounced [name_f]Mar[/name_f]-ee-sol. [name_f]Mar[/name_f] as in bar, and sol pronounced like sole/soul. And I feel like you should only use [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] on a real person if you’re Hispanic.

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] (DAM-uh-rus) and [name_f]Adamaris[/name_f], but plain [name_f]Maris[/name_f] reminds me of [name_m]Niles[/name_m]’ [name_m]Crane[/name_m]’s mysterious wife.

Marisol is pretty. It reminds me of parasol which is a lovely word.

I think you can pronounce it however you like and I would not worry about its ancestry.

1 Like

Marisol! It feels more elegant and timeless. Similar: [name_u]Marion[/name_u], [name_f]Marina[/name_f], [name_f]Mavis[/name_f], [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f], [name_f]Marinette[/name_f]

1 Like

I’ve liked [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] ever since I first heard it. To me it has more of a special quality than [name_f]Maris[/name_f]. Though [name_f]Maris[/name_f] is a nice name too.

I would suggest [name_f]Amaris[/name_f], [name_f]Amara[/name_f], [name_f]Marisa[/name_f], [name_f]Marise[/name_f]/Maryse or [name_f]Marielle[/name_f].

1 Like

Maris 100%
[name_f]Marisol[/name_f] sounds like Lysol, the cleaning product.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Maris[/name_f], I’ve just never liked [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] for some reason.:wink:

1 Like

They’re both nice. I prefer [name_f]Maris[/name_f] though.

1 Like

Oh, I love both! I think [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] is my favorite, and she could be [name_f]Maris[/name_f] in short! I also love [name_f]Maren[/name_f]!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] if you pronounce it the Spanish way, otherwise [name_f]Maris[/name_f] is cuter.

2 Likes

Marisol :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You can’t go wrong with either! I know several Marisols (lovely spanish-speakers) who go by [name_f]Mari[/name_f]. You can absolutely choose to pronounce it how you like - though I would automatically associate this name with hispanic ancestry and pronounce it as such. [name_f]Maris[/name_f] is a lovely and logical nn for [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]. I also envision a parasol when I hear the name [name_f]Marisol[/name_f], and have long admired [name_f]Maris[/name_f] because it also has such a lovely meaning.

1 Like

Maris all the way! :smiley:

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Maris[/name_f], but for me it’s a religious name.

Similar names to me are [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Regina[/name_f], and [name_f]Mavis[/name_f].

1 Like

I like both, but the -is ending of [name_f]Maris[/name_f] is something I love so it gets my vote.

1 Like