Which Fin- name?

See the results of this poll: Which Fin- name?

Respondents: 34 (This poll is closed)

• Finn Michael : 14 (41%)
  • Finley Michael : 11 (32%)
  • Finnegan Michael: 9 (26%)

Tbh I didn’t make the connection to the rhyme and I doubt any of the younger generation would. I love [name_u]Finley[/name_u] but it’s getting so popular for girls so I voted for [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], which I also love. And [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is just amazing as well but I also tend to want a longer name. But basically you can’t go wrong no matter what!

I don’t think you’re interested in other ways to get to [name_u]Finn[/name_u] but this is something I’ve actually searched for a lot so I’m gonna say them anyway just in case lol

[name_m]Philip[/name_m] - I know this is unconventional but I love both [name_m]Philip[/name_m] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] so I decided [name_u]Finn[/name_u] can be a nickname for [name_m]Philip[/name_m], especially when paired with a mn that starts or ends with “n”
[name_m]Fintan[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnbarr[/name_m]
[name_m]Griffin[/name_m]

These ones are out there, but:
[name_m]Faolan[/name_m]/Fillin
Finnbjorn
Dagfinn

We have a [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] so I’m biased! Always preferred it to the alternatives and find it simple and so masculine. Get lots of compliments :blush:.

[name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] is my favorite! [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] with the nickname [name_u]Finn[/name_u] could be another option.

[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] is my favourite from those options, though my favourite ‘[name_u]Finn[/name_u]’ names overall are [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] and [name_m]Finnian[/name_m].

I’m only vaguely aware of the nursery rhyme and would never have remembered it myself! I don’t think it’s an issue.

[name_m]Finnick[/name_m] all the way!

I really like all of them, but [name_u]Finley[/name_u] is probably my favourite, especially with [name_u]Piper[/name_u]. If you went with [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], I don’t think the nursery rhyme would be an issue even if people did make the connection. I personally forgot about it until you mentioned it.

I have never heard that rhyme before…not sure how many people will make that connection, tbh.

I think all the options are great! But, concerning the issue, I think [name_u]Finley[/name_u] is probably a good compromise. He wants [name_u]Finn[/name_u], you want something a bit longer, and [name_u]Finley[/name_u] is in second place on both of your lists. So I vote [name_u]Finley[/name_u]. [name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] has the best flow of the three anyway, imho, and I think it sounds just so handsome and sweet. :slight_smile:

It took me a second, but once I noticed I couldn’t get the song out of my head. It’s not an extremely well known song and isn’t a bad association though, so I wouldn’t let it put you off.

I voted for [name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] because it seemed like the logical option for me: it’s long enough to stand on its own (imo [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is fine by itself though), works well as a combo and is a compromise for you and your husband.

I don’t think [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is too short at all, and if [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is what you’d call him anyway, [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] gets my vote. However, if you just cannot commit to [name_u]Finn[/name_u] as a full name, it seems [name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] ‘[name_u]Finn[/name_u]’ may be your best bet, as it’s the second preference on both of your lists.

[You might like to consider [name_m]Finnian[/name_m], or [name_m]Fintan[/name_m] (my own personal favourite fin- names)?]

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about [name_m]Fineas[/name_m]/Finneas? I’ve always liked the name. :slightly_smiling_face:

Is [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] an option? I like that the most