Which flows best?

Hello all!

I’m 21 weeks pregnant with baby #4 and have my Anatomy Scan tomorrow, although I probably won’t find out the sex of the baby for a few more days (should make for a very, very long weekend!) So this gives me just a little bit longer to fuss over a girl’s name in the event I’m told boy (this is our last baby). I’m a bit anxious about the scan and so my mind has been busying itself over the flow of the names I hope to use. Throughout this pregnancy, I’ve known I wanted to call a girl [name_f]Mila[/name_f] and my husband would very much love to use [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f], which is a favourite of his. For the second middle, I keep coming back to [name_f]Anya[/name_f]. I’ve worried this combo is too Slavic next to my other children’s names, but all are family names on my side, so maybe I am Slavic enough to pull it off! The bottom line is I just can’t seem to let it go, so maybe they are right for this baby. So which do you like better?

Mila [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f] or
[name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f]

I’m leaning toward option #2 but I worry about the 2 syllables next to 2 syllables thing. [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] does break that up, but I’m just not sure. I keep coming back to [name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] and I can’t tell anymore if it’s any good. Thoughts? Thanks for your time, hopefully I’ll be able to use one of them!

I prefer [name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think [name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] flows nicley :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like [name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f]. Having [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] in the middle makes it feel like more of a mouthful to me for some reason. I like the two shorter names being next to each other.

1 Like

Mila [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] sounds beautiful, so romantic! I wouldn’t worry about how it “goes” with your other kids’ names- [name_f]Mila[/name_f] is pretty versatile and middle names don’t come up very often in daily life, at least in my experience. Congrats on a new baby!

2 Likes
Here you go. :slight_smile:
  • Mila [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f]
  • Mila [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f]

0 voters

1 Like

Mila [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f] sounds nicer. [name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] is gorgeous. [name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f] feels a bit clunky I think it’s the uh to ah sound, which means it doesn’t sound perfect after [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] either but it sounds better to me.

1 Like

Mila [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] is beautiful!!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f]. The two-syllables next to two-syllables thing actually helps to break up the repeated ending sounds to me, because you’ve got the long and lovely [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] at the end to draw attention from it.

Plus, [name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] is so bouncy and lively and fun to say, and you could have MAE as a sweet nickname :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f]!

1 Like

I dont think you have anything to worry about, [name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] is wonderful and the flow is lovely!

1 Like

I prefer the first option, but I’m a big fan of 2-3-2 combos syllable-wise, I just find the two syllables at the end round the combo off nicely. I also find that [name_f]Mila[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] don’t run together as much and that [name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Anya[/name_f] sounds a bit like a hyphenated first name. However, flow very much depends on your surname as well, if it’s one-syllable, I prefer [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] as the second middle name, if it’s two syllables or more, I prefer [name_f]Elizaveta[/name_f] as the first middle name.

1 Like