Which Gender for the name Skye?

I really love [name_u]Skye[/name_u] as a name and I was wondering which gender you prefer it for. and what Middle names would work well with it?

I definitely prefer it for a girl. I can’t personally see a boy.

I always thought girl, but recently after hearing it on a male ([name_u]Sky[/name_u]) I much prefer it on boys. I like softer names on boys, therefore I like more feminine names on girls. [name_u]Sky/name_u just doesn’t feel feminine enough to me. The [name_u]Sky[/name_u] I heard the name on is in his twenties. His proper name is [name_u]Skylar[/name_u], but he goes by [name_u]Sky[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

I’ll give some middle suggestions for boys :slight_smile:

[name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_m]Dimitri[/name_m]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

(edit: He was in Newsies Live Musical. His name is Sky Flaherty if you want to see it on a real person. Sometimes that helps. :slight_smile: )

Girl! i can’t see it on a boy

I hear it more commonly on girls, but I love it on a boy!

Edit: It’s growing on me more and more now that I think about it. I may propose Sylvester Skye as a combo to my husband :wink:

I definitely see it on a girl at first (it was actually one of the parent’s first choices for my first godchild), but there was a boy named [name_u]Skye[/name_u] on my younger brother’s football team as well and I loved it on him.

It’s unisex to me but I personally like it on a boy more because you’d expect it on a girl.

I’d expect [name_u]Skye[/name_u] to be a girl but perhaps [name_u]Sky[/name_u] could be a boy.

The added e makes it look more girly in my opinion. But I prefer [name_u]Sky[/name_u] without e on a boy!

[name_u]Skye[/name_u] would be a girl but [name_u]Sky[/name_u] could be either.