Which girl's name – Nico or Ines? Please help!

See the results of this poll: Which girl’s name to go with Luca and Remy?

Respondents: 52 (This poll is closed)

• Nico : 9 (17%)
  • Ines: 43 (83%)

[name_f]Ines[/name_f] by far! [name_u]Nico[/name_u] sounds like another boy, and it has too much in common with [name_u]Luca[/name_u]. [name_f]Ines[/name_f] is distinct and obviously feminine. Plus it’s beautiful and fits perfectly.

Thanks so much for the feedback, [name_f]Concordia[/name_f]! :slight_smile:

I was wondering if you (or anyone else viewing) have any thoughts about middle names?

Each of my children have two middle names: Luca [name_m]Cy[/name_m] [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] and Remy [name_m]Aurelius[/name_m] [name_m]Clement[/name_m] (sorry, using asterixes so the names don’t show up in a Google search!).

I had the following middle names in mind if I have a girl:

Nico [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f]
I
nes [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]

[name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] honours my father, who’s middle name is [name_m]Eugene[/name_m] (it’s also the only name that’s been passed down through the generations in our family, so I’d really like to incorporate it if I can, and [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] honours my mother, whose middle name is [name_u]Valentine[/name_u].

I would like to honour my Dad first, so wouldn’t use [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] without using [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] as well, so if I use [name_f]Ines[/name_f], I need to think of a different name combination. Some thoughts I have:

[name_f]Ines[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] (my only concern with this combo is that [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_m]Ferguson[/name_m]'s daughters are [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] and I don’t want people thinking I’ve copied her!)

[name_f]Ines[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f]

[name_f]Ines[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]

[name_f]Ines[/name_f] … … (any other suggestions welcome!)

:slight_smile:

I realize I’m the only one, but [name_u]Nico[/name_u] is cute to me. It does sound like a boy’s name but that just adds to the charm!! I’m personally not a fan of [name_f]Ines[/name_f], and [name_u]Nico[/name_u] is on my boy’s list, but I actually really like it for a girl!!! For middle names-
[name_f]Ines[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_f]Ines[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u] [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f]

[name_f]Ines[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]

[name_f]Ines[/name_f] [name_f]Verene[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] (E+V)
[name_u]Nico[/name_u] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] (E+V)
[name_f]Ines[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] Ellorie (E+V)
[name_u]Nico[/name_u] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Etta[/name_f] (E+V)
[name_f]Ines[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] (E+V)
[name_u]Nico[/name_u] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] (E+V)
[name_f]Ines[/name_f] [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] (E+V)
[name_u]Nico[/name_u] [name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] (E+V)

Or any combo of the names listed above!!!

I agree, mellohorn! I like the fact that [name_u]Nico[/name_u] has a gender-neutral feel. I’ve decided on it if I have a boy, but I’ve actually always preferred it for a girl.

It’s interesting that [name_f]Ines[/name_f] has got the overwhelming number of votes so far.

Thanks so much for your middle name combo suggestions too –*there are some great ideas there!! :slight_smile:

N*ico [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] is gorgeous! :slight_smile:

Whilst I think [name_f]Inez[/name_f] has a certain charm and sounds very elegant, the name [name_u]Nico[/name_u] goes better with the names you have listed (particularly [name_u]Luca[/name_u])

[name_u]Nico[/name_u] feels more like a young person’s name, whilst [name_f]Inez[/name_f] is very mature.

Definitely [name_f]Ines[/name_f]! [name_u]Nico[/name_u] reads all boy to me and she will have two brothers so I think it will be nice to have that distinction in their names. [name_f]Ines[/name_f] is lovely. I like many of your middle combinations but would probably choose [name_f]Ines[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. I wouldn’t worry about the [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_m]Ferguson[/name_m] connection to these middles as we just use our first and last names on a daily basis, and after her new baby stage and of course, the the birth announcement, most people don’t even know our middle names. [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] or [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] would also make lovely first names if you’re still pondering a first.

Definitely [name_f]Ines[/name_f], though I prefer the [name_f]Inez[/name_f] spelling. While I do like unisex names, I think most people would assume a [name_u]Nico[/name_u] is a boy without even considering they might be a girl. Especially with older brothers [name_u]Luca[/name_u] and [name_u]Remy[/name_u] since they have the same vibe as [name_u]Nico[/name_u]. [name_f]Ines[/name_f] is very pretty and fits the sibset perfectly but still is clearly feminine so people won’t mistake her as another brother.

i [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] nico, but not with a luca. i voted ines because it fits nicely without being repetitive.

I just don’t like [name_f]Ines[/name_f]. I’m never sure exactly how to pronounce it. [name_u]Nico[/name_u] is pretty boyish. Have you considered [name_m]Neko[/name_m]? Maybe it’s just because of [name_m]Neko[/name_m] [name_m]Case[/name_m], but I feel like that spelling has a more feminine look. Either way, [name_u]Nico[/name_u] or [name_m]Neko[/name_m] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] is beautiful.

I love [name_u]Nico[/name_u]'s neutrality, but I think it sounds too similar to [name_u]Luca[/name_u]! So my vote goes to [name_f]Ines[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

I just don’t like Ines. I’m never sure exactly how to pronounce it. Nico is pretty boyish. Have you considered Neko? Maybe it’s just because of Neko Case, but I feel like that spelling has a more feminine look. Either way, Nico or Neko Florence Eugenie is beautiful.

I like the [name_u]Nico[/name_u] spelling because it’s the European spelling and my other children have European names, so I feel like it sits better with [name_u]Luca[/name_u] and [name_u]Remy[/name_u], though I know people seem very divided about whether it looks and sounds feminine enough!

[name_f]Ines[/name_f] is lovely and elegant and [name_u]Nico[/name_u] is a boy’s name, period, so that settles that in my mind!

I love [name_u]Nico[/name_u]! Maybe you could use it as a nn for [name_u]Nicola[/name_u] (which I also like), just to give your daughter more options.

A very similar name to [name_f]Ines[/name_f] is [name_f]Isla[/name_f] (EYE-lah)…[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]? [name_u]Nico[/name_u] is definitely masculine in my ear, but maybe [name_f]Nika[/name_f]? [name_u]Nicola[/name_u] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] w/[name_f]Nika[/name_f] as a nn? I feel like people would mispronounce [name_f]Nica[/name_f] as NEE-sah or NIH-ka/sah.