Which Gwen name?

See the results of this poll: Gwen VS Rose

Respondents: 51 (This poll is closed)

• Gwendolen Rosa : 30 (59%)
  • Rosa Gwendolen: 21 (41%)

My favorite is definitely [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f]/[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]. I love it so much and The Importance of Being [name_m]Ernest[/name_m] association makes it even better.

[name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] is my favourite. I’ve never really liked [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] and its variations. I’m not sure why, it just doesn’t appeal to me. I do like some more obscure [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]-names, like Gwenllian and even [name_f]Gwenfrewi[/name_f]. That’s definitely a guilty pleasure, I can’t see it on a real person.

Thank you so much for your replies!

@handsallover
That is a great association! Thank you.

@antonelle
I do like the sound and look of Gwenllian but it is a GP name as I can’t see it on a real person :frowning:

I absolutely love both [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosa[/name_f]! I prefer [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] a bit, but the combo of [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] is stunning! It’s really a toss up where you can’t go wrong with way.

Thank you @boyandgirl

I am thinking of changing it after my partner said it looked incomplete. So will be changing to [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] or [name_f]Gwendoline[/name_f]… I am not a huge fan of -line endings as it maybe pronounced as such so the -lyn ending maybe in I just don’t want the NN [name_f]Dolly[/name_f]/Doly as I have seen that on places over the internet.

Thank you @boyandgirl

I am thinking of changing it after my partner said it looked incomplete. So will be changing to [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] or [name_f]Gwendoline[/name_f]… I am not a huge fan of -line endings as it maybe pronounced as such so the -lyn ending maybe in I just don’t want the NN [name_f]Dolly[/name_f]/Doly as I have seen that on places over the internet.

I like the sound of [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f].

My favorite [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] name is [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f], but I like [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] a lot too. I think both orders work well, so I’d go with the first name you prefer. [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is one of my beloved combos, so I do like the [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] names and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names together.

I really like both combos and can’t really decide, either.
I think [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] is very sweet, vintage and just overall lovely, I do prefer [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] to [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] (the latter just doesn’t look right to me) but I think [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] looks good.

As a first name, however, I much prefer [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], it just looks more proper as it is the most familiar spelling, [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] makes a wonderful middle name for it and the nn [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] works really well on an adult while [name_f]Gwenny[/name_f]/[name_f]Gwennie[/name_f] would be sweet on a little child!

I like [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] best, and my favourite ‘[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]’ name is [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f].

Thank you for your replies!
We are putting [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] on our long list for future baby. We prefer the NN [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] over [name_f]Rose[/name_f].