Which is best?

I have had my boy names locked in for a good while, but want to see what you all think. If we have a boy, the middle name will be [name]Gray[/name] (my maiden name). We have a son named [name]Noah[/name] [name]Ryan[/name].

[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Enoch[/name] (the cool thing about this name is it is an Old Testament testament man who “walked with God”. [name]Enoch[/name] and [name]Noah[/name] are the only two people in the bible this is said about.)

[name]Eli[/name] [name]Gray[/name] would be wonderful. Second choice would be [name]Enoch[/name] [name]Gray[/name]. [name]Liam[/name] and [name]Ian[/name] aren’t faves of mine.

I like [name]Eli[/name] best with [name]Noah[/name], second choice would be [name]Liam[/name]. Not a fan of [name]Enoch[/name] as a first name.

I like all of them! :slight_smile: Sorry, not much help, but all of those names are great. I love [name]Enoch[/name] in theory, but couldn’t use it. [name]One[/name] reason is that it doesn’t work with our last name, the other reason is it doesn’t have good nns. The only ones I can think of are Enie (as in eenie meenie minie mo) or Nock, neither of which are that flattering. But if you don’t want to use nick names, it is nice. [name]Ian[/name] is our number one name right now! To me, it sounds handsome and easy going. I like [name]Liam[/name], but it is a bit popular, especially when you also consider all the [name]Williams[/name] that are going to want to go by [name]Liam[/name]. [name]Eli[/name] is a great name too, but I can’t get the mental picture of the Biblical [name]Eli[/name] out of my head. :slight_smile: It goes well with [name]Noah[/name] though. You can’t go wrong with any of those names!

I absolutely love the character of [name]Enoch[/name] in the Bible. I don’t especially love his name, though–maybe it might make a nice MN? I think something like [name]Gray[/name] [name]Enoch[/name] (or [name]Grayson[/name] [name]Enoch[/name], nn [name]Gray[/name]) would be nice with [name]Noah[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]. [name]Eli[/name] [name]Gray[/name] would be my second favorite, although I like [name]Elijah[/name] [name]Gray[/name] or [name]Elias[/name] [name]Gray[/name] even more. I know you like [name]Gray[/name] as a MN–have you thought about it as a FN? It might be a bit awkward if some family members are _____ [name]Gray[/name], but I think [name]Gray[/name] is fabulous, and [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Gray[/name] would be so cute together!

Good luck!

I really like the meaning behind [name]Enoch[/name] and it going with your son’s name, but honestly, I don’t really like the name. My favorite is [name]Ian[/name]! Then [name]Eli[/name], then [name]Liam[/name], but they’re all nice!

I think I am in the same boat with [name]Enoch[/name] - love the connection, but prefer the other names over it. Thanks for the opinions - love hearing them!

Oh! And how would you on [name]Enoch[/name]? EE-nock or EE-nick? I knew a guy in highschool named [name]Enoch[/name] and he pn it EE-nock but I have heard the other way too.

I like them all! I really love [name]Ian[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] though. I think [name]Liam[/name] [name]Gray[/name] would be my personal favorite though :slight_smile:

I like [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] [name]Gray[/name]. They both sound striking.

I pronounce [name]Enoch[/name] ee-nock. Though I guess it is really more ee-nuck.

I went to school with an Enoc (spelled that way because he was Hispanic, I believe?)–he always said EE-nock, too. EE-nick/EE-nuck seems like a bit lazy of a way to say it–I’ve only ever heard it said like EE-nock, as far as I can remember.

I asked a friend who is a Messianic Jew, and he said the anglicized form [name]Enoch[/name] would be correctly pronounced EE-noke (I guess more closely to EE-nuck). Interesting.

[name]Eli[/name], or [name]Elijah[/name]. They go well with [name]Noah[/name].