Which longer version of Lucy should I go for?

Hi all,

I am finding it extremely difficult to give up Lucy as the first name. Therefore I have thought on using a longer Lucy variant and use Lucy as a nickname for myself. My family can call me by my full name and friends by Lucy. What do you think?

The only name I can’t use is Lucia. My sister wants to name her daughter Lucia.

So far I like Lucinda, Lucianne (which I know isn’t a name but I quite like it) and Luciana.

So which one do you like best? Which one flows best with my surname? My surnames starts with Ab like Abigail and ends in S.

Which name do you prefer and why?

Thanks in advance.

I was going to suggest [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] but it concerns me that you might end up with cousins nn [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] since I think these are way too close. I would honestly avoid [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] names if your sister is pregnant or TTC if she is 100% set on it.

[name_f]Lucienne[/name_f] would be my pick

My favourite is [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], but since it’s off limit then my second pick would be either [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f]. I assume your sister is ok with you using another (longer) variant of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]?

My vote goes to [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f]

Out of the longer forms, my favorite is [name_f]Luciana[/name_f]. Honestly I think you should just stick with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. Using a longer form of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] still is very similar to [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], so why not just stick with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. I believe you were looking for a simple, timeless and classic name? And [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] fits that so well. I understand not wanting to get into an argument with your sister but I also believe that you have to do what’s best for you. And since [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] is a family name for you guys, I don’t think it’s fair that your sister is so against you from using it. But whatever you decide I’m sure you’ll find the perfect name! You could also use [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] as a middle name and go by that with friends/acquaintances and go by your first name with family.

Thanks all for replying.

The only names I am considering are [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], [name_f]Luciana[/name_f] and Lucianne. None of the others work for me for some reason or other.

My sister and I have agreed for me to use a longer variation of the name [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. That way my family can call me by my full name and others [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. I would rather stick to just [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] but my sister has made that difficult.

So again which name [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], [name_f]Luciana[/name_f] and Lucianne is best?

Thanks.

There is [name_f]Lucetta[/name_f], but I Like [name_f]Luciana[/name_f] if your sister is okay with that. It seems more like [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] than [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] does.
Perhaps if you just hang in for a while longer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] will be okay too. Very best wishes,