Which middle name do you like best?

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlet[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Lilian[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]May[/name] (I like both names, should i combine them?)

These are just some suggestions i’ve gotten that i think work well together. If there is anything that jumps out at you, please let me know!

Thanks!

p.s.- the last name is Wilde if that helps at all…

I love the name [name]Cordelia[/name]! It’s one of my favorites. Of your choices, I like [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Violet[/name] a lot.

Here are some combos I like:
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]

Thank you for the suggestions! I love so many of them, it’s a tough choice.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name], and think that [name]Cordelia[/name] Wilde is amazing!!! :slight_smile:

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]: I think this is gorgeous, but [name]Violet[/name] and Wilde both have long I sounds, so I hear a lot of long I.
(I also think of wild violets, which isn’t a bad thing.) :slight_smile:

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]: I love both names, but have to pause between them when I say the combo out loud due to the back to back vowels.

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlet[/name]: I love [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlet[/name] Wilde! [name]LOVE[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]: It’s the back-to-back vowel thing again for me, but that’s just me. :slight_smile:

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]: I prefer some of your other combos, but I do love [name]Hazel[/name].

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Lilian[/name]: This is hard for me to say out loud because of the Ls.

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]May[/name]: I love this combo so much, but because both [name]May[/name] and Wilde are short, I like longer middles.

I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] the flow of [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlet[/name] Wilde! :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the positive feedback! I think [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlet[/name] is my favorite too! Thanks again for taking the time to answer!

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]May[/name] has to be my favorite, I have a love for two middle names. I just don’t like that it’s two one-syllable names right next to each other. [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]May[/name] Wilde.

I think that [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] Wilde and [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlet[/name] Wilde would be gorgeous!
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlet[/name] is definitely my favorite though.

Also, would she have a nickname? I think the nickname [name]Delia[/name] is just adorable :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Thank you for the positive feedback! I think [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlet[/name] is my favorite too! Thanks again for taking the time to answer![/quote]

You’re welcome! It was fun! :slight_smile: As long as I’m here, I’ll cast another vote for [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlet[/name] Wilde. :slight_smile:

Take care!

Her nickname would be [name]Delia[/name]…that’s really the only one i like for the name [name]Cordelia[/name]. And i think [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlet[/name] is winning :slight_smile:

Thanks for the opinion!

All the choices are lovely! I have to admit though, as soon as I read [name]Cordelia[/name] “[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]” instantly popped in my head before I read it in the list. It has such a great sound to it.

I do worry that [name]Scarlett[/name] turns [name]Cordelia[/name] towards a more diva than dainty image though, as both names have a fair bit of sass. [name]Scarlet[/name] is definitely the strongest character out of all the other choices (which are somewhat more softer spoken).

It’s not a negative thing per se. [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlet[/name] Wilde strikes me as a name with impact. It’s fiesty and sassy and conjures up images of [name]Scarlett[/name] O’[name]Hara[/name].

I guess what I’m trying to say (rather ineptly as it is waaaay past my bedtime) is that I get a very different vibe from [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlet[/name] than a [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] or a [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Violet[/name].

I have always liked [name]Cordelia[/name] with soft floral names (almost to temper her fiesty side down) like [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Ivy[/name].

If you would prefer [name]Cordelia[/name]'s softer side to be brought out I’d go for [name]Violet[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name] or [name]Eleanor[/name] as middle names, or [name]Miriam[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name] as irisrose suggested. If [name]Cordelia[/name]'s romantic/more dramatic side attracts you then I’d go for [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlet[/name].

Thank you for taking the time to write all that! I completely understand what you’re saying. [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlet[/name] are my two favorites

Thanks again :slight_smile:

I think [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is just beautiful. They sound lovely together, and are just similar enough to create a really nice flow. [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is great too, but isn’t as soft, and I tend to go for girlie names!

I doubt I’m helping because my thoughts echo most of yours but…: like another poster said (sorry, I don’t remember who!) if you’re looking for a softer, gentler [name]Cordelia[/name], then I would go with [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]. But if you want a wilder (no pun intended), feistier and bolder [name]Cordelia[/name], I would could with [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name].

I like [name]Cordelia[/name] best with two-syllable MNs. While I love your three-syllable choices on their own, I don’t like them quite as much with [name]Cordelia[/name]. It would also sound great with a one-syllable MN. For the sake of flow, it really depends on your last name as well. [name]Just[/name] my $.02.

I think [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Violet[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlet[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Hazel[/name], and [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]May[/name] sound fabulous.

I love the sound of [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name], with [name]Lilian[/name] in a close second for the same reason.

[name]Cordelia[/name] is a beautiful name - what a brilliant choice. I adore your naming style; all of the middle names you are considering are just beautiful, too!

[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Violet[/name] - beautiful names, and brilliant flow!
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] - the A and E run together a little, in my opinion.
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Scarlet[/name] - pretty.
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] - again, the vowels run together a little.
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Hazel[/name] - pretty, but some of your other combinations have better flow.
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Lilian[/name] - all the Ls make this a little hard to say.
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]May[/name] - beautiful and classic, this one also flows well.
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]May[/name] - this is beautiful, and two middle names is perfectly fine. Adding [name]May[/name] seems to eliminate some of the vowel issues of [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name], too.

And so my favourites are, in order :
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]May[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]May[/name].

Good luck!