Which middle name for Harlow?

See the results of this poll: Middle name for Harlow

Respondents: 29 (This poll is closed)

• Harlow Olivia : 14 (48%)
  • Harlow Livea : 6 (21%)
  • Harlow Livienne : 4 (14%)
  • Other? Please comment!: 5 (17%)

I love [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] with [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] but it’s so popular and trendy that I’m kinda like blah on it.

Livea is a legit name that has been around even before [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. I like this spelling because [name_f]Livia[/name_f] looks like you’re butchering [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] but Livea kind of looks unique.

I love Livienne but some people say it looks made up. I dont know the history. I just heard it and liked it. But I worry it’s too rhymey with other middle names I may want to use for future children. Is that crazy? Does it matter if middle names rhyme or sound similar?

Other considerations are honor names like [name_f]Ameline[/name_f]. I dont like [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] as a first name but as a middle name with [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] it sounds kinda good. So does [name_f]Amelie[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Avianna[/name_f] but does it sound good in the middle spot?

I clearly need help deciding!! Thank you berries :slight_smile:

Hello, and congrats! [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] is such a sweet name.

[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]: I do share your concerns about [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]'s popularity, as it seems every other girl I meet is [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] in some capacity. I also think this one is a bit of a mouthful: The long “o” ending of [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] and the long “o” first syllable of [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] run together and are a bit of a tongue-twister.
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] Livea/Livienne: While I definitely prefer Livea to Livienne because the former is more concise and I fear the latter sounds made-up, nice as it is, I think I’m running into the same flow problem. The prominent “l” in [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] runs into the first “l” sound.
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Avianna[/name_f]: I really like this, and I think it flows better than the previous two. [name_f]Avianna[/name_f] is such an elegant, gorgeous choice, and both names are modern and sweet.
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Ameline[/name_f]/[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]/[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]: I think I’d avoid [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] for the same reasons as [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]: It’s gotten quite popular. However, [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] are my favorite choices for you. Both honor someone, which is a huge bonus, flow well with [name_f]Harlow[/name_f], have the “l” sound for cohesion but don’t run together, and are elegant yet understated. They balance [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] really well.

[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]! I will say that [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] has become fairly popular in my corner of the world, and [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is THE go-to combo for some reason.

Really like [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Ameline[/name_f]!

Honestly the popularity of [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] doesn’t bother me too much being in the middle. I do however find the matching -o sound at the the end of [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] followed by that sound repeated at the beginning of [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] a bit undesirable. Again though since it’s a middle it doesn’t matter that much.

I voted for Livienne, but if you really love [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] you should use it.

I like [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Ameline[/name_f]. It’s unique but still pretty, and flows really well. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] are crazily popular, so I wouldn’t use either myself!

Good luck :slight_smile:

I think I’m going to go with [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]. Thanks for voting!!

I really wanted to love [name_f]Ameline[/name_f] because it’s less popular but it feels forced to me.

I think [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] is just beautiful. I didnt want to do it as a first name because I worry it sounds too much like [name_f]Emily[/name_f] and it’s gotten popular as well but as a middle name, I’m not as worried about popularity. It’s truly beautiful when not mixed up with [name_f]Emily[/name_f] or [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]!

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] was too much of a mouthful and it’s over the top popular right now! Again popularity not as concerning as a middle but still, it’s the #1 name right now. [name_m]Just[/name_m]… no lol.

Livienne I do love a lot but some people said it’s a made up name. Plus its rhymey with possible future names that I’d maybe use if having more kids. Although I doubt I am but never say never I guess.

I like [name_f]Aviana[/name_f] more as a first name.

So [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] it is :slight_smile:

[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]. I love it! It sounds really good with our last name as well. I could not get [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] out of my head. At first I had it as a middle name option but it sounds stunning with our last name. So I was like, why dont I move this as a first name option. Its modern but not over used, I feel. I think it is trendy but I just love it. I love the Lo sound. I also love [name_f]Lola[/name_f] but could not pull it off. And [name_f]Lola[/name_f] sounds too little girl whereas [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] will be amazing for all ages I feel. I typically dont love trendy names but theres something almost old Hollywood and vintagey feel about it. Probably [name_u]Jean[/name_u] [name_f]Harlow[/name_f]!

I know the criticisms are that people may think Harlot but seriously when was the last time you heard that word used? No one says, that girl stole my man, what a harlot! I just dont see it coming up.

[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] is also apparently a not so nice area in [name_m]Essex[/name_m], [name_f]England[/name_f]. But I’m American. To me the photos there look really nice!!! I mean I dont know, I’ve never been. It doesnt seem like an area people outside of [name_m]Essex[/name_m] are terribly familiar with. I can live with that

[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is my favourite if these suggestions - however it is a very trendy / popular combo. Depends if that bothers you or not. To escape the “popular name” bubble, I would go for [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Ameline[/name_f] second.

[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] Brienne
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Dianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Avalon[/name_f]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Clarice[/name_f]

[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]: I agree that this is rather trendy. Not my first pick.

[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] Livea: I find this difficult to say. The “-low liv-” does not flow. Also Livea kind of reminds me of the lotion brand Nivea (which I thought for a long time was pronounced “nih-VAY-uh”).

[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] Livienne: same flow problem as [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] Livea. Also Livienne seems made up to me. I don’t think it matters if middle names rhyme though.

[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Ameline[/name_f]: [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] this, so beautiful! Well, how do you pronounce [name_f]Ameline[/name_f]? In my head, it’s [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] with an “n” at the end. I prefer [name_f]Ameline[/name_f] in this case over [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], because I think the “n” ties up the combo nicely and makes it feel more complete.

[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]: similar trendiness as [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], though it flows a little bit better.

[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Avianna[/name_f]: personally not a fan of [name_f]Avianna[/name_f] and even comparing as a combo, I prefer your other options significantly.

I think you should keep looking: they all do f flow well from [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] especially [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and Livea bc they’re similar letters, but I also don’t think an A (vowel) works especially. If your list, I think [name_f]Amelia[/name_f].

[name_m]How[/name_m] about:

[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Neve[/name_f]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]

I love the name [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] and intend on using it as a name for my future daughter! With my daughter I plan on using [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f], but [name_f]Paige[/name_f] is sort of an honor name for me. Out of your list I love [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], it’s really cute!