Which middle name violet or Juliet?

First name will either be [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] or Sophia/Sofia.
Last name is brown.

Which do you think is prettier/flows better?
Does violet clash with last name?

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] feels so sweet and chic! :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

I like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] with [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], but [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] sounds so elegant. You really can’t go wrong with both!

I like [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] best with [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]! [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is lovely. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] doesn’t flow as well to me personally.

With Sophia/Sofia I think both middle names work equally well!

I love [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] the most!

(Plus a bonus with [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] as the middle name is she could go by SJ if she wanted to)

I’d say Sofia/Sophia [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is my second pick! I prefer the [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] spelling to [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] but both [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] look beautiful to me

Syllables play a huge part in a name’s flow so the best way to not have a choppy/awkward flow is by using a different number of syllables

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] 2-3-1 (love)
Sophia/Sofia [name_f]Violet[/name_f] 3-2-1 (also love)

Sophia/Sofia [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] 3-3-1 (not bad but I find myself pausing before I say Juliet)
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] 2-2-1 (lightly choppy sounding)

Also I wouldn’t worry about [name_f]Violet[/name_f] as a middle name if you do prefer Sophia/Sofia [name_f]Violet[/name_f] to [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. She won’t be going around introducing herself by her full name and having 2 colours in your name is not the worst thing to happen to someone’s name!

[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] :heart: I think it flows best and sounds better with your surname

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_m]Brown[/name_m] or (second choice) [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_m]Brown[/name_m] :sparkles::sparkles:

[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] nn [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]! Usually, [name_f]Violet[/name_f] gets my vote but I believe [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] sounds really beautiful next to [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f].
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] is gorgeous and also flows well with your last name. The two color themed names don’t bother me, but only you can decide if it works for your daughter.

All great names :slight_smile: [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] (I love [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and think they are a winning combo). I wouldn’t worry about [name_f]Violet[/name_f] with [name_m]Brown[/name_m] as although both are colour names, [name_f]Violet[/name_f] has a flower meaning too which I personally think of first. Second choice is [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] which flows really well. I think you should decide if you prefer [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] or [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] more and pick the middle name based on your preference for the first name.

I’d choose [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], although the flow between both [name_f]Violet[/name_f] + [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_m]Brown[/name_m] isn’t great (I either cut off the T or ad an A after the T)

I have a slight preference for [name_f]Violet[/name_f], being a more vibrant sounding name than [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. I adore [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], but it’s in the same category in my mind as the [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] options you have as first names - beautiful and elegant. So I would choose [name_f]Violet[/name_f] to give more variety to the name overall.

I wouldn’t worry about using [name_f]Violet[/name_f] with your last name, it has strong floral connotations and is well established as a name, so I don’t find that the colour theme is too much at all.

_____ [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_m]Brown[/name_m] does strike me as a little funny, even though I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. I would go with [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], so lovely and romantic! :tulip::two_hearts:

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] clashes with the last name a little (mostly because they’re both colors), but it’s not that bad, and if [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is your first choice, or an honor name, you should still use it.

But I like [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] better with both first name options.

Juliet!!
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_m]Brown[/name_m] sounds very elegant and flows very well. I can see it on a toddler and a 30 year old.

I like [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] :purple_heart:

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_m]Brown[/name_m] is so elegant and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_m]Brown[/name_m] is very bright! They would be my picks. Except you may want to be mindful that violet and brown are both colours so it feels very descriptive but I love the sound of [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_m]Brown[/name_m] together!

I can’t pick!