Which middle name works?

Hiya!
I want to get some opinions on a middle name choice to go with [name]Nixon[/name].
If you don’t like the name/think its ridiculous please no need to post your thoughts on that. Have previously posted about it and i am fully aware of the concerns people attach to the name.
While [name]Nixon[/name] is not our chosen name we are considering it, we live on the other side of the world,New Zealand, and we are satisfied the name wouldn’t have the connections/reputation that it would in say the USA.

[name]Nixon[/name] is 2 syllables and our surname is two syllables so would i be right to say maybe a one syllable would work best in the middle. WDYT?

Here is some options we have just for a middle name: a couple are family names but also some names that we just like, like enough for the middle but not enough for a first name:

[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Bennett[/name] [name]Carter[/name] [name]Cruz[/name] [name]Cullen[/name] [name]Dash[/name] [name]Flynn[/name] [name]Harris[/name] [name]Hunter[/name] [name]Jace[/name] [name]Jonas[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Leo[/name] [name]Levi[/name] [name]Luca[/name]/s [name]Noah[/name] [name]Ranger[/name] [name]Reid[/name] [name]Ryder[/name] [name]Scott[/name]

[name]Nixon[/name] limits our middle name choice quite a bit cause i noticed we liked a few other names that end in ‘on’ and would sound ridiculous teamed together, for example, [name]Benson[/name] [name]Carson[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] [name]Kingston[/name] [name]Mason[/name].

Also if you have any nice suggestions for another middle name i would be happy to hear it :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Nixon[/name] [name]Reid[/name] and [name]Nixon[/name] [name]Cruz[/name]. I really like [name]Nixon[/name]! [name]Nixon[/name] [name]Ranger[/name] is really cool too but I think I like the one syllable middles better.

Yeah i have to say [name]Reid[/name] is inching closer to the top. Which spelling is better [name]Reid[/name]/[name]Reed[/name]?

Personally I like [name]Reid[/name], but [name]Reed[/name] has more of a nature name feel and [name]Reid[/name] is more of an outright name so I think it just depends on what feel you prefer.

I like [name]Reid[/name], [name]Scott[/name] or [name]Leo[/name] from your list.

Have you thought about:
[name]Flint[/name]
[name]Slade[/name]
[name]Drew[/name]
[name]Kane[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Locke[/name]
[name]Kyle[/name]
[name]Joel[/name]

I agree that if you have a 2 syllable fn & 2 syllable last name, you should have a mn with a different number of syllables. I don’t think you have to limit yourself to 1 though.

From your list, [name]Cruz[/name], [name]Dash[/name], [name]Flynn[/name], [name]Jace[/name], [name]Reid[/name] and [name]Scott[/name] work best, using this “rule”. I like [name]Nixon[/name] [name]Flynn[/name] best from these choices… but are you sure you want to give your son 3 surnames? All of your choices are fairly common or well-known family names for me (except [name]Dash[/name]).

A 3 or more syllable middle would also work. Let’s pretend your family name is [name]Thomson[/name] (first 2 syllable ln I thought of)… here are some ideas:
[name]Nixon[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Thomson[/name]
[name]Nixon[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Thomson[/name]
[name]Nixon[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Thomson[/name]
[name]Nixon[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] [name]Thomson[/name]
[name]Nixon[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Thomson[/name]

My style is obviously very different from yours, but it’s just to give you an idea. :slight_smile: