Which name do you like best?

See the results of this poll: Which name(s) do you like best?

Respondents: 43 (This poll is closed)

• Lilith : 15 (16%)
  • Lucretia : 4 (4%)
  • Corisande : 7 (7%)
  • Elspeth : 18 (19%)
  • Henrietta : 11 (12%)
  • Harriet : 16 (17%)
  • Tatum : 6 (6%)
  • Parthenia : 3 (3%)
  • August/Augusta/Augustina/Augustine : 12 (13%)
  • Other (see description and comment): 2 (2%)

My picks: [name]Elspeth[/name], [name]Harriet[/name], [name]Henrietta[/name] and [name]Tatum[/name]… and I’m especially partial to [name]Tatum[/name] because that is my niece’s name.

[name]Annemarie[/name] is BEAUTIFUL just like that and it used to be on my shortlist. It is a wonderful name to call out (believe me, I’ve spent enough time calling it out loud in my room when I was picking names)… but so far, I’ve only had the pleasure of meeting an [name]Anna[/name] [name]Marie[/name] on a little one.

My favurites (in no order):

[name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Henrietta[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]

[name]Elspeth[/name] is not bad what about [name]Embeth[/name] or [name]Elsbeth[/name]?

My favourites from that list were [name]Elspeth[/name] and [name]Lilith[/name], but how about something like [name]Ana[/name]ïs [name]Maren[/name] or [name]Annika[/name] [name]Maren[/name] to honour your mother?

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name], i think [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Annmarie[/name] works as a middle, or [name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Ann[/name] if you have a long name.

After [name]Elspeth[/name] I like [name]Lilith[/name] & [name]Harriet[/name] most from your list.

Thanks everyone. :slight_smile: After cross-referencing my lists and taking away as many names as possible, I decided to bump my limit of my ‘short’ list to 25.
For the girls I have now got [name]Lilith[/name] [name]Antigone[/name] [name]Marie[/name]. (This one is to honour my mum as her name is [name]Annemarie[/name]. I would really love to use [name]Annemarie[/name] as is but it just never felt right in any combination I came up with.)
[name]Rowena[/name] [name]Corisande[/name].
[name]Tatum[/name] [name]Everly[/name].
[name]Luna[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name].
and Tzipporah [name]Iseult[/name] - not sure on [name]Iseult[/name] as Tzipporah’s middle name, but we’ll get there. :slight_smile:

I actually like [name]Antigone[/name] and [name]November[/name] more than some of your poll choices. [name]November[/name] [name]Annemarie[/name] isn’t bad, although it could get a little long. You could do [name]August[/name] or [name]Antigone[/name] with a middle initial M, that way you get the AM of [name]AnneMarie[/name]?

I was thinking that too [name]Kerrie[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Corisande[/name] is my utmost favorite name for a girl right now, and you are the only other person I have ever heard mention it. I love it so much!
And [name]Rowena[/name] I also like, which you’ve mentioned in a later post. If you pronounce it Row-en-ah, not [name]Ro[/name]-ween-ah that is.