Which name do you prefer for Nora's future brother?

There’s several names I like, but there’s 2 that have been the true stand-outs for a while.

Which do you prefer:

[name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] (nn Decs/[name_m]Dex[/name_m]) or [name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] (nn [name_m]Milo[/name_m])

Please note that the middle names are not changing as they are family names. Also, I realize neither name “needs” a nickname, but I like the idea of having one if I choose. So please, no comments/suggestions on changing anything or not needing nicknames - just those names as is - which do you prefer for [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Cathleen[/name_f]'s brother?

Oh, I am also interested in your opinion on which spelling of Decs/[name_m]Dex[/name_m].

I adore [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Cathleen[/name_f], and actually really like both [name_m]Declan[/name_m] and [name_m]Miles[/name_m]. [name_m]Dex[/name_m] (I would spell it this way) and [name_m]Milo[/name_m] are equally great. I don’t think you could go wrong with either, but would probably choose [name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] if I had to, just because it’s a little more classic (like [name_f]Nora[/name_f] is) than [name_m]Declan[/name_m].

I think [name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] sounds fantastic with [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Cathleen[/name_f]! :slight_smile:

I think both are wonderful! I’m slightly leaning towards [name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] as I think it has the same feel/style of your daughter.

I think both names are nice with [name_f]Nora[/name_f] bit [name_m]Miles[/name_m] sounds a little better. I prefer the spelling Decs for a little [name_m]Declan[/name_m].

[name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] or [name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u].

[name_m]Declan[/name_m] :slight_smile: But I like [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] as the MN.

I actually love both options, but I kind of prefer [name_m]Declan[/name_m]/[name_m]Dex[/name_m] with [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. I like Dec or [name_m]Dex[/name_m] but not Decs.

[name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] (although I prefer [name_u]Jamison[/name_u]).

[name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] would be my chose. I love [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_m]Miles[/name_m] together.

[name_m]Miles[/name_m] nn [name_m]Milo[/name_m] would be my pick for [name_f]Nora[/name_f]'s future brother. [name_m]Declan[/name_m] nn [name_m]Dex[/name_m] is too harsh sounding.

I think [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_m]Miles[/name_m] are a better fit together, even though I like [name_m]Declan[/name_m] a little bit more.

Thanks! We are going to TTC in the next few months. I’ve been realizing over the past couple of months that all my “favorites” are basically hated by my husband so I’m getting a little anxiety; I don’t want to have to pick a name I’m so-so about because it’s all we can agree on.

In this case, my husband is more of a [name_m]Declan[/name_m] fan and I’m more of a [name_m]Miles[/name_m] fan. I do agree that most people see [name_m]Miles[/name_m] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] as the more obvious “match,” but [name_m]Declan[/name_m] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] also share Irish roots. I guess only time will tell…

I like [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_m]Declan[/name_m] better. I’d spell it with the X (Dec looks like [name_u]December[/name_u] to me.) Good luck! =]