Which name do you prefer?

What girls name do you prefer out of [name]Anais[/name] and [name]Amelie[/name]? They are my two favorite names (and it just happens to be a coincidence they are both French!)

Whenever I mention them to others, I get a better response to [name]Amelie[/name]. Most people think [name]Anais[/name] would be mispronounced all the time, but I think it is so pretty! I do love [name]Amelie[/name] though.

Any thoughts??!

For middle names, what do you think about [name]Rosanna[/name], [name]Savannah[/name], [name]Sofia[/name], [name]Francesca[/name]??!

I love [name]Anais[/name] too but unfortunately I would worry about it being misspelled/mispronounced as anus. [name]Do[/name] you like Alais? I really like [name]Amelie[/name] too, but it shares so many sounds with [name]Emily[/name], [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name] that it might get lost in the crowd. I like [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] best of the middles you listed.

I love [name]Amelie[/name], but I think [name]Anais[/name] is really pretty too. My favorite combos with your middles:

[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Sofia[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]

[name]Anais[/name] [name]Rosanna[/name]
[name]Anais[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]

Thanks!
Yes, anus has unfortunately been the one most people mention! Maybe it is a bad idea… but I compromised on my son’s name and I now wish I had given him my original favorite, so I still can’t say a definite no to [name]Anais[/name]!

I love both [name]Anais[/name] and [name]Amelie[/name]. [name]Amelie[/name] is within my top ten (:
I prefer [name]Amelie[/name] as I am fond of nn’s and [name]Anais[/name] doesnt have one…
For [name]Amelie[/name], I debate the nn’s [name]Lili[/name] (lee-lee), [name]Mei[/name], and [name]Ami[/name] ( like the french word for friend …ah-mee).

[name]Anais[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] would be gorgeous…

beautiful names! good luck (:

I love [name]Anais[/name] and would consider it for my own but I too am concerned about Anus. Such a bummer. Maybe this name only works in [name]France[/name]?

If you do use it (maybe you can pave the way), [name]Anais[/name] works best with [name]Francesca[/name]. [name]Anais[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] might be another option.

[name]Amelie[/name] is very charming. I’m not loving it with any of your middle options though. I like [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name].

[name]Anais[/name] is GORGEOUS, and you love it. Who cares what other people think? You can always give THEM a fool-proof nn to call your baby. I love [name]Amelie[/name] so much but I think it will skyrocket in popularity, if it has not already done so. The advantage to [name]Anais[/name] is that many pple will want to, but in the end not dare to name their baby [name]Anais[/name]-- which means you will never have to struggle with the name being over-popular.

Anyway, I do find that if you call your baby rightly, and address her in full name, people do pick the right pronunciation up. I hope this helps to ease your qualms about [name]Anais[/name].

[name]Amelie[/name] I like better. [name]Anais[/name] [name]Nin[/name] is what comes to mind when I think [name]Anais[/name]. Can’t get over it.

[name]Anais[/name] is one of my absolute favorite names! Pronounced correctly it sounds nothing like ‘anus’, so don’t be scared off if you love it too. I doubt it will ever be hugely popular in the US, but if it became more familiar here then fewer people would mispronounce it. If you love it, you should go for it!
And, personally, I think the [name]Anais[/name] [name]Nin[/name] association is an awesome one :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone!
I do agree that when pronouncing [name]Anais[/name] it obviously sounds nothing like anus and people will hear it more than reading it… but now some of you have made me think [name]Amelie[/name] is the best option!

Well thank you all anyway, I will still be deciding away!

I like [name]Anais[/name] but we Anglos get so mixed up saying French names so I am suggesting [name]ANNICE[/name], same pronunciation as [name]Anais[/name], same meaning but no mix ups in the pronunciation.

[name]Amelie[/name] is lovely too.

Wdyt of [name]Annice[/name]?

I really love [name]Amelie[/name], it is such a gorgeous name, and one of my favourites for girls.

I’m not a huge fan of [name]Anais[/name]. I know how it is pronounced but still stumble over it some times, it would definitely get misprounced all the time, which can get tiring, but then again, if you really love for it, then go for it!

For middles I really like:
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name] [name]Sofia[/name]