Which name woks best with the last name Jelly? (Yes, that's actually our last name)

See the results of this poll: Which name would you choose, with the surname Jelly?

Respondents: 70 (This poll is closed)

• Callum : 10 (14%)
  • Griffin : 10 (14%)
  • Gabriel (Gabe) : 11 (16%)
  • Adam : 8 (11%)
  • Luke : 8 (11%)
  • Declan : 9 (13%)
  • Angus : 3 (4%)
  • Elias: 11 (16%)

Oh, or… Please feel free to make a suggestion. Ideally, we’d like to avoid names in the top 25, and my husband is much more in favour of classic/traditional sounding names. ([name_m]Even[/name_m] [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] is a stretch for him)

[name_m]Adam[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Adam[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]

I’d steer clear of [name_m]Angus[/name_m], imo

I voted for [name_m]Angus[/name_m] but most of your list sounds nice with Jelly. I think the two syllable ones are better but I think you can just go with your favourite because they all work!

[name_u]Elias[/name_u] Jelly / [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] Jelly sounds the best [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] is my favorite, closely followed by [name_m]Luke[/name_m]. Please don’t name your son [name_m]Angus[/name_m] Jelly.

Lol. Ok, I hear y’all. But, what’s so bad about [name_m]Angus[/name_m] Jelly? What am I missing?..

Hmm, that’s a tough one, but you have a lot of nice names on your list. My favorites are [name_m]Callum[/name_m], [name_m]Griffin[/name_m], and [name_u]Elias[/name_u]. With Jelly, I’ll go with [name_m]Griffin[/name_m].

(Double food items. [name_m]Angus[/name_m] beef… Beef jelly. Prob want to stay away from any descriptive word names/names that play up the food aspect)

Good luck!

My thought process:
[name_m]Angus[/name_m] --> beef --> Beef Jelly -->lubricant

^This. I thought this immediately when I saw [name_f]Agnus[/name_f] Jelly. [name_f]Agnus[/name_f] is beef in my mind.

All of them are nice with Jelly! Except [name_m]Angus[/name_m], which I agree is problematic. The name itself sounds fine, but beef jelly = not good.

As long as you stay away from description names you should be fine. The more obvious first names work best, like [name_m]Adam[/name_m] or [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]. A surname first name has a brand name sort of sound but isn’t a deal breaker. [name_m]Angus[/name_m] is the only one I think you should cross off for sure.

I hadn’t even thought of [name_m]Angus[/name_m] as a "food’ related name. Thanks for the insight! I’ve been weary of names that are nouns anyway, considering our last name. .

[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] Jelly sounds the best imo. I’d avoid [name_m]Callum[/name_m], just because of all the multiple Ls.

I like a 3 syllable first name best with Jelly. [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] Jelly or [name_u]Elias[/name_u] Jelly are the best in my opinion.

[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] is best:)

Are you pregnant now, or just collecting? [name_m]Adam[/name_m] is my choice of the ones listed. I would probably research a little more. I feel like a 3 syllable name might work better. But honestly, you can avoid silly pairings (like [name_m]Angus[/name_m] as some have said, but it must be a regional thing because I never made the connection) but overall, any “normal” name will be fine.

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] Jelly
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m] Jelly
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m] Jelly
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m] Jelly
[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] Jelly

[name_m]Just[/name_m] to name a few.

Yes, we’re pregnant now. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a few weeks left to decide.

I do like your suggestions. Though, cousins have used up [name_m]Zachary[/name_m], [name_u]Finn[/name_u], and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. I really love the name [name_m]Elijah[/name_m], but feel like perhaps the “jah” sound at the end sounds too much like the “je” at the beginning of Jelly.

In your other post you said you were having a girl.

We don’t officially know what we’re having. The ultrasound tech said “she” a bunch of times during the anatomy scan, but we have to be prepared for either.