Which nickname for Bartholomew?

See the results of this poll: You can pick more than one…

Respondents: 38 (This poll is closed)

• Barley : 5 (8%)
  • Bartie : 13 (22%)
  • Bartley : 3 (5%)
  • Baz : 11 (18%)
  • Bo : 21 (35%)
  • Tolly: 7 (12%)

I’ve actually only considered [name_m]Bart[/name_m] a nn.

I like [name_m]Barley[/name_m] and Bartie best from your selection

I love [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] but I’m wanting to avoid the [name_m]Bart[/name_m] [name_m]Simpson[/name_m] association, so trying to come up with something cute/unusual for a nickname.

My nephew is [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] and has always been called [name_m]Bart[/name_m]. I could see [name_m]Tom[/name_m] as a nn, but the ones in the poll simply do not appeal to me.

I’m not a fan of [name_m]Tom[/name_m], and [name_m]Bart[/name_m] will forever be tied to The Simpsons character for me. I like all the nicknames I listed, just trying to narrow it down to one or two.

[name_m]Bart[/name_m] is so [name_m]Simpson[/name_m]'s and [name_m]Tom[/name_m] is way too plain for [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]. [name_u]Bo[/name_u] and Tolly and really cool, interesting, and still pretty intuitive and they are uncommon while still being recognizable. [name_m]Barley[/name_m] is also a really cool idea, and with the new kids movie Onward where one of the main characters is called [name_m]Barley[/name_m] I think it makes it more “namey” and usable as a nn.

I think you’d only get the [name_m]Bart[/name_m] [name_m]Simpson[/name_m] idea from most older folks, most parents are at the age they would probably think of [name_m]Bart[/name_m] Bass from Gossip Girl when they hear [name_m]Bart[/name_m]. I don’t see [name_m]Bart[/name_m] as an issue.

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]BAZ[/name_m]! I also really like Tolly.

@thenameprincess - Thanks so much for your input. I think I’m leaning toward [name_u]Bo[/name_u]. I had no idea that Onward has a character named [name_m]Barley[/name_m] - that’s good to know!

@em.estelle - Thanks, but I’ve never seen Gossip Girl, so [name_m]Bart[/name_m] is definitely all [name_m]Simpson[/name_m] to me!

I think I’d go with ‘[name_u]Bo[/name_u]’. :slight_smile:

My favourites would be [name_u]Bo[/name_u] & Tolly.

I quite like the juxtaposition of the very lengthy Bartholemew with the very short nickname of [name_u]Bo[/name_u], and Tolly just feel so sweet and cheeky/fun.

[name_u]Bo[/name_u] is my favourite and then [name_m]Baz[/name_m]. I can see the those fitting a small child and a teen easily.
The others not so much.

[name_m]Baz[/name_m] is super cute!

Thanks for all the votes, really appreciate it! Looks like [name_u]Bo[/name_u] is the clear favourite :smiley: