Which one is better; Julianne or Juliana?

I know its really annoying how I change names like everyday it seems after you give so much ideas for the other ones, but I’m just trying to find the perfect name, LOL=)

I’m starting to really like the names [name]Julianne[/name] and [name]Juliana[/name], but which one is better? I like the sound of [name]Juliana[/name], but [name]Julianne[/name] is pretty too.

I’ve always wanted to use [name]Anna[/name]/[name]Ana[/name] as a middle name, but thats kind of impossible with [name]Juliana[/name] and [name]Julianne[/name].
I like:
[name]Julianne[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Kate[/name]

What about [name]Julianna[/name]?

That’s my little sister’s name. Then you don’t have the harsh ending of [name]Julianne[/name], but you still get the look of double n’s.

Her middle name is [name]Maire[/name] which is the Irish version of [name]Mary[/name]. sounds like [name]Maura[/name], [name]MAR[/name]-uh

I tend to like [name]Juliana[/name] better, but they’re both lovely. I think it really just depends on the flow with your last name.

I like [name]Julianne[/name] better…I think it’s a bit more versatile. I mean, she’ll probably be called [name]Julie[/name]/[name]Jules[/name] either way, but I think [name]Julianne[/name] has a more open, friendly sound and it fits better with a wider variety of middle/last names

I much prefer [name]Juliana[/name]. [name]Julianne[/name], while not a bad name, has a nasal sound that I’m not fond of and feels kind of dated (even though it’s technically not since it’s never really been popular). I guess I associate it with more “middle-aged” names, like [name]Maryanne[/name], [name]Louanne[/name], etc. But I think [name]Juliana[/name] is gorgeous (pronounced ju-lee-[name]AH[/name]-na, not ju-lee-[name]ANN[/name]-uh). It sounds so fresh, pretty and can fit a girl or an adult. You could call her [name]Jules[/name], [name]Julie[/name], [name]Ana[/name], [name]Lia[/name], etc. It’s a wonderful name. [name]Juliana[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is very pretty.

I am a big fan of [name]Juliana[/name]. [name]Julianne[/name] is pretty but it does remind me of julienne cut vegetables. :slight_smile: