Which Order for Eleni & Carmella?

Hello again!

I recently posted about the names “[name_f]Eleni[/name_f]” (pronounced uh-LEN-ee) and “[name_f]Carmella[/name_f].”

[name_f]Eleni[/name_f] is a name that we more recently fell in love with, though it’s been on my shorter list for a while and I’ve always been drawn to it each time I’ve seen it and heard it.

[name_f]Carmella[/name_f] is a name that I also love that will be an honor name after my late Italian grandmother, so I just can’t let it go.

Ideally, I wouldn’t use these two back to back because it seems like a potential mouthful, but I love them both so much and am strongly contemplating using them both. I’m going back and forth between which one I would want for the first name and which one for the middle name. I’m very torn! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is flexible, but prefers [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] for the first name and thinks it’s really pretty.

Our last name is 2 syllables, starts with a “B,” and ends with “s.”

So which order do you think flows better?..

[name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f]
[name_f]Carmella[/name_f] [name_f]Eleni[/name_f]

Thanks again for all of your help! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Although I think [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] flows better, I much prefer [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f]. I’m half Italian but I still can only think of caramel when I see [name_f]Carmella[/name_f], especially since Caramella is Italian for candy.
I’m just not sure how well others will take to [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] if you live in an [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking country. [name_f]Ella[/name_f] is a cute nickname, though!

Eleni [name_f]Carmella[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] flows better, but I slightly prefer [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] [name_f]Eleni[/name_f]!
I grew up knowing a woman named [name_f]Carmella[/name_f], and I always thought it was the prettiest name. I also love the meaning it has for you!!
[name_f]Eleni[/name_f] is also very sweet though, so you can’t go wrong!

I like both, but I sightly prefer [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f]

Eleni [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] is so gorgeous

I love the flow of [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] [name_f]Carmella[/name_f]!

Eleni [name_f]Carmella[/name_f] is my favorite combination!