Which sibset is best?

See the results of this poll: Sister for Matilda?

Respondents: 25 (This poll is closed)

• Matilda and Alice : 10 (40%)
  • Matilda and Clara : 7 (28%)
  • Matilda and Esther : 5 (20%)
  • Matilda and Greta: 3 (12%)

Not a huge fan of [name]Greta[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name], but I do like [name]Matilda[/name] with [name]Alice[/name], [name]Esther[/name], and [name]Clara[/name] - it was tough to choose!

[name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] – This reminds me of children’s literature as I think of [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland and the children’s book [name]Matilda[/name]. The names go well together and give an old-fashioned, whimsical feel.

[name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] – I don’t normally like it when sibling names end with the same sound, but these two names are very cute together! [name]Clara[/name] highlights the crisp, clean sounds of [name]Matilda[/name] and I think these girls would be smart, studious, and fun.

[name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Esther[/name] – I really like these two together! Very similar feel as [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] have, only the girls would get to have a distinct ending to their names.

[name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Greta[/name] – I can see the merits in both of these names on their own, but I feel that they bring out the worst in each other. : /

1 [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] - two vintage gems = Perfection!
2 [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] - these names are a great “fit” if you don’t mind the same “a” ending
3 [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Esther[/name] - different in style but complementary in vintage charm
4 [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Greta[/name] - I love [name]Greta[/name] but for some strange reason I’m not liking it with [name]Matilda[/name].

I love [name]Greta[/name], but I sort of had this feeling that they just weren’t right together. Seems most people feel that way too, so I think that one is off the list.

I keep going back and forth on names I like. For a while I thought [name]Clara[/name] was perfect, but now it’s falling out of my favor a little bit.

[name]Alice[/name] is one that I keep going back to, but DH nixed it when we were naming [name]Matilda[/name], but the literary connection might sway him. It doesn’t sound the best with our surname though which ends in a “ts” sound. It’s a little hissy with the s/ts endings of the names. But I think it goes so well with [name]Matilda[/name] I’m not sure if it’s a deal-breaker or not.

[name]Esther[/name] is my new “it” name. I love it (for now!) but don’t know if the styles are too different. We’ll see if I still like it in a few weeks :slight_smile: