Which sounds best with Adelaide and Lillian?

See the results of this poll: Adelaide, Lillian and…

Respondents: 58 (This poll is closed)

• Emmeline : 17 (29%)
  • Tessa : 3 (5%)
  • Scarlett : 2 (3%)
  • Evelyn : 2 (3%)
  • Katherine : 2 (3%)
  • Josephine : 21 (36%)
  • Naomi : 3 (5%)
  • Eliza: 8 (14%)

I voted for [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], but I also really like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] too, but I feel like it’s more of a nickname where [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] are “complete” names. I hope that made sense. What about [name_f]Theresa[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]?

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].

I voted [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] do you pronounce it [name_f]Emma[/name_f]-leen or [name_f]Emma[/name_f]-line

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], but what would her nickname be/will she have one?

@ediect: I pronounce it [name_f]Emma[/name_f]-line.

@ajt: Probably [name_u]Josie[/name_u]. I don’t really know of any other nicknames for it. Any suggestions?

Great list. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] is [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] & [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is a perfect sibset - [name_f]Addie[/name_f], [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] & [name_u]Josie[/name_u] would be so adorable!

[name_f]Posey[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Fifi[/name_f]
[name_u]Jo[/name_u] [name_u]Jo[/name_u]
[name_f]Effie[/name_f]

I voted for [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]! I especially like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]:slight_smile:

I voted for [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], because [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] both have L sounds in them, as does [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], so the names really have a poetic flow to them when listed together.

I think [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] has the same stately strength that [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] have in spades. [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] would be my second choice with [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] in third place. [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] would share an “n” ending with [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] so I don’t like them as well. [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] lack the historic depth of A & L and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is a bit matchy in sound with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f].

Wow, I would’ve never thought of these. I really like [name_f]Posey[/name_f] and [name_f]Effie[/name_f]. :smiley:

Thanks everyone!

[name_f]Naomi[/name_f] is my favorite with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], but many of them are very fitting.

I voted for [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] (I’m totally biased though) :slight_smile: [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] would also go well with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]- fresh and spunky, but with historical usage.

Another vote for [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and I go by [name_u]Jo[/name_u]- it’s short and sweet :slight_smile: I’ve never heard of any of these other nicknames for [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], like [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] and [name_f]Fifi[/name_f] etc, but maybe that’s an American thing or something. :slight_smile: