Which spelling do you prefer? (Poll)

Which spelling do you prefer and why?

• Cleo
  • Clio

0 voters

[name_u]Cleo[/name_u] - visually, it looks more appealing to me and [name_f]Clio[/name_f] reminds me of the car (not unusably so, but if I could avoid it, I would)

1 Like

If I had to choose, I’d choose [name_u]Cleo[/name_u], but [name_f]Clio[/name_f] is an honor for me so I’m torn :sweat_smile:

The [name_f]Clio[/name_f] spelling makes me think of female anatomy, particularly of course, the clitoris. Not a bad thing, not a bad word, but still yet, it’s not something I personally would want anyone to associate with my name. I’d bet that there are plenty of fish in the sea who wouldn’t think of that, but it’s a big one to me. :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

This was my reasoning as well.

2 Likes

I pronounce them differently, and I prefer [name_u]Cleo[/name_u].

I’m more used to [name_u]Cleo[/name_u], and I like it’s association with [name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f]. The muse is a cool namesake too, but the spelling isn’t as appealing - very narrow?

[name_u]Cleo[/name_u]. [name_f][/name_f] It’s [name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f], not Cliopatra [name_f][/name_f]- so as well as it being visually more appealing to me, it also makes the most sense. [name_f][/name_f] Plus, [name_f]Clio[/name_f] instantly brings to mind the car model.