Which spelling for that pronunciation?

Iam in love with the pronunciation “vuh-LEH” after meeting a girl with that name, but unfortunately I dont know how she spell it.

[name_m]How[/name_m] would you spell it? Any ideas?

TIA :slight_smile:

Valé maybe? But that makes me think of valet service. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of it. Is it more like Veila?

1 Like

To be honest, I think that name would be hard for [name_f]English[/name_f] speakers to pronounce. It’s not very common for names to end with the “eh” sound in [name_f]English[/name_f].

I would suggest Valeh.

3 Likes

@whatchamacallit and @choupette thank you both! :slight_smile:
Maybe I can use [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] nn [name_u]Vale[/name_u] with that pronunciation? The Greek pronunciation of [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] is Vah-leh-NTEE-nah so Iam thinking maybe it could work.

I agree that this pronunciation wouldn’t really exist in [name_f]English[/name_f]. We say [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] like Va-len-tee-na (like valley)

1 Like

@bellerose Yes, like the idea of [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] or [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] or [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] with that nn. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[name_f]Valencia[/name_f] would be the best i think! It has that exact sound of vuh-LEH

1 Like