Which spelling is cuter/prettier ? Juliet or Juliette?

See the results of this poll: Which spelling is cuter/prettier ? Juliet or Juliette?

Respondents: 56 (This poll is closed)

• Juliet : 32 (57%)
  • Juliette: 24 (43%)

I like both, but do prefer [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] as it’s less frilly and I think [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] works best for all ages and personality types.

I like the simplicity of [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].

I have always preferred [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], but either way is nice.

I love Juilette but I also like it pronounced with the emphasis on the ette part and that it feels less [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].

I have [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] on my short list and would use it in a heartbeat if I ever get a chance to. I prefer this spelling because it feels less [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] but somehow feels more romantic.

Also, I think I have a thing for names with double letters. :stuck_out_tongue:

Our daughter is [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] and we love it. I like that her spelling is distinct from the tragic [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] & [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] spelling. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it’s a super romantic name, our girl is a spunky animal-lover who’s not frilly at all, and it still suits her!

It depends more on pronunciation than spelling with this one. With [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], there is just slightly more emphasis on the -ette. It may be so slight that one often can’t tell unless paying attention, but it’s there.

I prefer the [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] pronunciation, so that’s how I’d spelled. I don’t think there is such a thing as a spelling being ‘cute’.

I prefer the uncomplicated feel of [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].

Juliette is needlessly complicated; to me it’s the difference between Emmaleigh and Emily. No matter how you spell it, I’m still going to pronounce it Emily. And in Juliet/Juliette’s case, almost everyone is going to automatically assume the Juliet spelling because of Shakespeare, meaning she may spend a good deal of her life correcting people. Up to you, but Juliet just seems the path of least resistance. If it ain’t broke, why fix it? :slight_smile:

There is a difference in pronunciation, though it may be subtle. I prefer [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]… but in part because I wouldn’t want to correct the pronunciation (or spelling) of [name_f]Juliette[/name_f].

I like [name_u]Julie[/name_u] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f] better than both.

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]! When I hear this, I think of a young girl roaming the streets of [name_u]Paris[/name_u]. This name has been in and out of my list, and I love it. It is so feminine and romantic. I like this spelling more than [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] looks cut off.

And I pronounce the two differently. [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is ju-lee-EHT and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is JU-li-eht. But I definitely vote for [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]!! :slight_smile: