Which spellings of Reese/Reece/Rhys would you use?

See the results of this poll: Which spellings for a boy?

Respondents: 18 (This poll is closed)

• Reese: 1 (6%)
  • Reece: 3 (17%)
  • Rhys: 12 (67%)
  • None of the above: 2 (11%)

I love the name [name]Rhys[/name] on a boy! :slight_smile: I was in Target the other day and met one. He was so cute, around three.

I prefer [name]Rhys[/name], but I understand about the pronunciation issue, so I like the spelling [name]Reece[/name] too.

Good luck!

I voted for [name]Rhys[/name] as it’s the only boy spelling that works for me. [name]Reese[/name]/[name]Reece[/name] are the feminine versions. As far a pronunciation is concerned, I think that would depend on where you live. [name]England[/name] has [name]Prince[/name] [name]Edward[/name]'s wife ( formerly [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]-[name]Jones[/name]) so I don’t believe many English people would have trouble with it. There may be instances of pronunciation problems in [name]North[/name] [name]America[/name] but personally I wouldn’t worry about it too much. People soon get use to an unusual name. Good luck!

[name]Rhys[/name], definitely! I don’t think it’d be too hard for people to figure out.

This topic speaks to my heart! We named our son [name]Reece[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] in 2009. I loved [name]Rhys[/name] was chicken to use it and [name]Reese[/name] has just been taken over by the girls. People asked me how to spell it anyway since they weren’t sure if it was [name]Reece[/name] or [name]Reese[/name] and then the nurse at the doctor’s office just assumed it was a girl- since they are also using [name]Reece[/name] spelling. 3 weeks after he was born we changed the spelling to [name]Rhys[/name] and I am SOOOO glad we did! Sure, some people do not know it when they see it at first but once you tell them they don’t forget since it is so easy to say. I think it looks masculing, it’s eye catching with the Y it in, and it just has so much more charm and character. I am hoping that although [name]Reece[/name] may have been easier for others he will grow up liking the traditional Welsh version of [name]Rhys[/name]!! Oh and everyone compliments us on the names, even if they need to be told how to say it!