Which variation of the name Lily is your favorite?

I love the name [name]Lillian[/name], but have been recently looking at other variations. Which would you pick as your favorite? What middle name would you pair with it?

[name]Lilian[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name]
Lilliane
[name]Lily[/name]

I really love [name]Lilian[/name] - I think the more simple the name the cuter it looks eg. [name]Mabel[/name] vs. [name]Maybelle[/name]

I’m partial to [name]Lilian[/name] (one L) as that was my Grandmother’s name. After that, simply [name]Lily[/name], [name]Lil[/name] and the Scottish: [name]Lilias[/name].

[name]Lillian[/name] (my grandmother) and [name]Lilias[/name] ([name]Colin[/name]'s dead mother in “The [name]Secret[/name] Garden”).

[quote=“kansasgirl”]I love the name [name]Lillian[/name], but have been recently looking at other variations. Which would you pick as your favorite? What middle name would you pair with it?

[name]Lilian[/name]: This one looks like it’s missing an L to me, because I’m so used to [name]Lillian[/name].

[name]Lillian[/name]: I love this!

[name]Lilia[/name]: This is pretty too, but I prefer [name]Lilias[/name] or [name]Lila[/name]

Lilliane: I’m not sure about this one…

[name]Lily[/name]: I really like [name]Lily[/name].

My favorites are [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name], although I love [name]Lila[/name], too.

[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Esme[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Simone[/name]

[name]Lily[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Simone[/name]

[name]Lila[/name] works with some of the above, too. :slight_smile:

I really think that all of the [name]Lily[/name] names you’ve listed are gorgeous!

Good luck, Kansasgirl!

My favorite is [name]Liliana[/name] or [name]Lilliana[/name], but I also like [name]Lillian[/name] or [name]Lily[/name].

sorry, I don’t know why I keep double posting!

[name]Lilliana[/name] or [name]Lily[/name]

We named our daughter [name]Lillia[/name] (actually [name]Lilia[/name], but we changed it after a couple days because relatives thought it would be easier to pronounce with 2 l’s.). We love the name. Most people like it but we do often get a double-take (people repeat it back to us). Maybe [name]Lillian[/name] or [name]Lila[/name] would be simpler.

I also loved [name]Lilliana[/name], but thought it was too long with our 3-syllable last name. And by the way, [name]Lillia[/name]'s middle name is [name]Selah[/name]. We also considered [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Cedar[/name], [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Ava[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Claire[/name].

I like [name]Lilith[/name] :slight_smile: [name]Lilith[/name] [name]June[/name], [name]Lilith[/name] [name]Isolde[/name],[name]Lilith[/name] [name]Amandine[/name], [name]Lilith[/name] [name]Georgine[/name], [name]Lilith[/name] [name]Frances[/name]

Wow, really? I really like [name]Lilias[/name] but I never knew that! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Lilia[/name] the best.

I love [name]Lilly[/name], [name]Lillian[/name], or [name]Liliana[/name]. The lily flower has a great [name]Christian[/name] symbolic meaning of purity. However, I would not use the form [name]Lilith[/name]. [name]Lilith[/name] (Hebrew ???) is a mythological female Mesopotamian storm demon associated with wind and was thought to be a bearer of disease, illness, and death. The figure of [name]Lilith[/name] first appeared in a class of wind and storm demons or spirits as Lilitu, in [name]Sumer[/name], circa 4000 BCE. Many scholars place the origin of the phonetic name “[name]Lilith[/name]” at somewhere around 700 BCE despite post-dating even to the time of [name]Moses[/name]. [name]Lilith[/name] appears as a night demon in Jewish lore and as a screech owl in the [name]King[/name] [name]James[/name] version of the Bible.

hehe wow [name]Lilith[/name] has a cool story behind it, doesn’t put me off using it

Two other gorgeous options are [name]Lila[/name] (LYE-luh) and [name]Lilla[/name] (LILL-uh). [name]Love[/name] them!

I like [name]Lily[/name] the best. Simple and classic. And I think [name]Lily[/name] [name]Simone[/name] is an absolutely beautiful pairing.

I also love the sound of [name]Lilith[/name] but AM turned off by the negative historic meaning…but that’s just me and many people may have no idea of the historic meaning. OR people may have a positive association from “[name]Lilith[/name] Fair” which celebrated women musicians and therefore has a very strong positive connotation!!