Which & Why

See the results of this poll: Tess, or Tessa?

Respondents: 70 (This poll is closed)

• Tess : 25 (36%)
  • Tessa: 45 (64%)

I prefer [name_f]Tess[/name_f], not really sure why. Probably because of Tess of the D’Urbervilles.

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] is my choice. I’ve always loved it!!! It is now in my top 20 girl’s names.

I like the femininity of [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] and figure you’d often shorten it to [name_f]Tess[/name_f] casually too.

I like [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] more, [name_f]Tess[/name_f] just seems like too much of a nickname to me and I find [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] really pretty.

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]! It feels fuller to me. (And also [name_f]Tess[/name_f] makes me think of the d’urbervilles which I did not enjoy)

That was so difficult! I love both. I think it would come down to how they sound with the LN. I also get slightly different imagery from both. [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] is spunky, sweet, summery, sporty. [name_f]Tess[/name_f] is a little more sleek and wintery.

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] because it can always be shortened to [name_f]Tess[/name_f]. The imagery for both is similar to me, probably because a knew a [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] who went by [name_f]Tess[/name_f], so I see a vibrant, enthusiastic kind of tomboy but still does dance type of girl.

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]! I go back and forth myself, but I love the short-and-sweet, kind, friendly, sweet sort of vibe. I’d love to have a [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] one day myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]! For me she would be called [name_f]Tess[/name_f] casually too.
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] is one my ‘little black dress names’ but an extremely sweet one. [name_f]Tess[/name_f] maybe just loses some of that but as a nn I would not even think about it being different.
I think a PP said it is on her list and since it has to be about the longest loved name I have, it just got elevated to the top of mine. To be honest I don’t think it ever occurred to me to just use [name_f]Tess[/name_f] so my opinion is probably not worthwhile.
Good [name_m]Luck[/name_m].

I get different imagery for both. [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] seems sweeter and classic, [name_f]Tess[/name_f] is spunky and streamlined. Though if I was choosing I’d probably do [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] just because it’s one letter and in the end, it gives her options. If she’s more one personality, a [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. If another, she could be called [name_f]Tess[/name_f].

I love both but, I prefer the simplicity of [name_f]Tess[/name_f].

[name_f]Tess[/name_f] is short & sweet, I’m really into nicknames so that’s probably why I’m more drawn to it!

Thanks to all for the votes & comments so far!

I prefer [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. [name_f]Tess[/name_f] is too much of a nickname for me.

I like [name_f]Tess[/name_f] more. I’m not a massive fan of either but I find [name_f]Tess[/name_f] slightly spunkier and I can imagine a little, teenage and adult [name_f]Tess[/name_f] easily.

[name_f]Tess[/name_f]. I love short, compact, no-nonsense names.

I prefer [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], though in truth I can’t really say why. When I think of [name_f]Tess[/name_f] I think of a dog, but I don’t know why.

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f], sounds more sweet and in general I am a fan of longer names.