Which would you pick?

Trying to put together a boys name (2 middles) but I’d like to choose a fairly unusual name.

First up love [name]Morgan[/name] for a surname, but don’t love [name]Lee[/name], it seems so incomplete. I think that [name]Gary[/name] is very dated and doesn’t have the appeal of [name]Gareth[/name].

I don’t think that it should be a problem giving your child the name [name]Gareth[/name] if there is already a [name]Gareth[/name] in the family, in fact I think that is incentive to use it as a way of binding the family together.

I think [name]Gareth[/name] is a fabulous name.

Why not use [name]Llewelyn[/name] [name]Gareth[/name] [name]William[/name]?

It is very difficult for those not born in [name]Wales[/name] to say Welsh names like [name]Gwilym[/name] and in our big wide world I think I would choose something more well known.

Daviid is also a great Welsh name, as is [name]Dylan[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name].

[name]Lennox[/name] sounds okay but I can’t say I like the nn of [name]Len[/name] so I think it would be better in the mn spot.

Combos I am having trouble with the n or m mashing in with [name]Morgan[/name] eg [name]William[/name] [name]Morgan[/name], [name]David[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] works better.

[name]Gareth[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] works well
[name]Llewelyn[/name] [name]Gareth[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]David[/name] [name]Lennox[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Gareth[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Lennox[/name]/[name]Llewelyn[/name]
[name]Liam[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]

I just remembered that [name]Bo[/name] is a Welsh name but it would need to be spelt as [name]Beau[/name] or otherwise the teasing potential of B.O. (body odour) would be no good.

We too are choosing Welsh names to honor our culture, here is the link just in case it might help you with ideas Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums

I happen to love [name]Gwilym[/name], but if your partner is not a fan, then I would have to say either toss it or I hope you are a great persuader! I personally am not a fan of [name]Gareth[/name] as it reminds me of the word Garish.

I also really like [name]Lennox[/name] and I think Nox would be a great nn, it is kind of cool, strong and quirky all at once. Reminds me of the cool kid on the block, but with a heart of gold.

I also like rollo’s recommendation of [name]Liam[/name], but it is becoming quite the popular named these days.

My favorite option would be: [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Gwilym[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]

Thanks for your response [name]Rollo[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] tpetty!

Any more opinions would be great :slight_smile:

[name]Gareth[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Lee[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] - I like this combination! Or how about [name]Garrett[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Lee[/name]?

[name]Lennox[/name] [name]Gareth[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]–this is my second favorite! I thought of another combination that flows well with [name]Morgan[/name]:

[name]Lennox[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Lee[/name]

Kyemsma - you hit it on the head there!

I appreciate any help so thanks! :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] about [name]Lennox[/name] Gwillym [name]Lee[/name] (Welsh for [name]William[/name])?

I like [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Norman[/name] [name]Gareth[/name] better than [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Norman[/name] [name]Gary[/name].

Thanks so much for your lengthy explanation and as I was reading your post my brain was saying, “yes that’s right.” I had forgotten that [name]Dafydd[/name] was the spelling for [name]David[/name]. I am no expert at all so how would [name]Dafydd[/name] be said as Daff ed or Daff id?

I really love the nn of Nox for [name]Lennox[/name] that is a brilliant nn. If fact if it wasn’t so [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name] I would suggest [name]Knox[/name] which is another full name in itself.

I have Welsh friends and their son is named [name]Lee[/name] so this made me think it was a name quite commonly used there and their grandson was named [name]Bo[/name] but you may be right about the Scandinavian connection because their surname sounds Scandinavian so while I was thinking [name]Bo[/name] was Welsh it wasn’t, thanks for the correction.

My only other Welsh friend is named [name]Margaret[/name] so I am all out of suggestions, but I absolutely love the beautiful lilt she has in her voice, the Welsh accent is so charming.

I do like the combo of [name]Lennox[/name] [name]Gwilym[/name] [name]Samuel[/name].

All the best

rollo

Thanks for the reply rollo :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]!

I don’t know if this has been suggested yet, but another way to honor your uncle [name]Gary[/name] (without using that dated name) is to use the name “[name]Garret[/name].” I do like [name]Garyth[/name] to though…

If you want to honor your uncle, I say just go ahead and use [name]Gary[/name]. If you’re going to use it as a middle name anyway who cares if it’s gulp… dated :o Very few people will ever know his middle names. When your son asks you about his name one day, wouldn’t you feel silly saying “[name]Gareth[/name] is after your uncle [name]Gary[/name]. I didn’t want to use [name]Gary[/name] though because that name is dated, so I decided to use a similar name instead.”