Who does your child/children take after?

I have Blonde hair, [name_u]Green[/name_u] eyes and DH has Dark [name_m]Brown[/name_m] hair, [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] eyes and our children look like a mix.

[name_f]My[/name_f] eldest Daughter has DH’s [name_m]Brown[/name_m] hair but has my green eyes

[name_f]My[/name_f] eldest [name_m]Son[/name_m] looks exactly like me! [name_f]Mini[/name_f] me

The triplets all look Exactly like DH, [name_m]Brown[/name_m] hair and big hazel eyes.

We are expecting at the moment so who knows?!

1 Like

I’m a spitting image of my mom but people tell me I look like my dad too. As far as my babies. I have brown hair and bright blue eyes and my husband has brown/hazel eyes and ginger hair. Our oldest son has brown hair and blue/green eyes, our oldest daughter has blue eyes and blonde/strawberry blonde hair, our youngest son has brown hair and brown eyes, and our youngest daughter has light brown/reddish hair and bright green eyes.The only one who looks like me is our oldest, I feel like the other 3 are the perfect mix of both of us and they all look like on of their grandparents or one of our siblings.

1 Like

They all look like my husband, except for the baby. Although I’m convinced that with enough time, baby will look like my husband too! Although people are saying that my oldest is starting to mature into my face more these days.

1 Like

I don’t have kids but me and my brother take after my mom (looks wise) whereas
my two sisters look more like my dad.

1 Like

An update to my post above is needed! While Bub #2 is still a mirror of his father, the ginger hair has turned very much blonde over the last month.

1 Like

Having done my family tree, and collecting photos up to 5 generations in the past, I have noticed that in the majority of families, the majority of children take after the FATHERS. After all we go through in pregnancy, our kids are nothing but ungrateful TRAITORS. One child out of 5 took after me and my side of the family. [name_f]My[/name_f] daughter, my mothers and I are very identical in photos of certain ages.

1 Like

:rofl: [name_m]Little[/name_m] traitors!

I think it’s nature doing us dirty. From birth to around two/three years old, children will most likely resemble their fathers or their father’s family. It’s the genetic way of letting the male know “hey, that kid is yours so you could, y’know, stick around to feed it and give it shelter so your bloodline doesn’t die out”. Or so I’ve been told, but here are some articles about it.

2 Likes

In my experience, kids tend to take after the parent of the opposite sex. [name_f]My[/name_f] daughter favors my husband (who favors his mother) while my son takes after my side of the family (and actually looks like my brother, so neither of my kids look like me).

1 Like

My mom and dad both have dark brown hair, mom has brown eyes and dad has blue eyes. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister looks exactly like my dad (medium brown hair, blue eyes) and I look exactly like my mom (in terms of facial features), although I have red hair. It’s funny, I feel like everyone on this thread has a lonely redhead in the family! [name_f]My[/name_f] grandma on my mom’s side and a few aunts/uncles on my dad’s side can explain my ginger hair though. Anyways, so my parents used to joke “how do we know we got the right ones?” because we look exactly like our parents. I can relate to lucyxo, once there was a baby picture of my mom sitting on the countertop and my dad came along and asked “how did you get an old-timey picture of [my name]?”

1 Like

Not a parent but a child of a parent, my appearance is kind of odd in a sense :joy: my whole life and even growing up I was told I was my dads mini me! [name_m]Even[/name_m] when I was born my grandpa said that it’s like my dad copied himself and my mama just gave me her sex! However in recent years people are now saying I look exactly like my mom :sweat_smile: it’s quite confusing tbh, as I grew older my complexion became dark (my mother is Afro-indigenous) and I already inherited curls from my mom side! In terms of feature I say 50/50 but honestly I can’t say for sure because people who once said I looked like my dad now say I’m my mothers mini me!

For my niece she’s the carbon copy of her mother! But inherited the curls of my mother side and the dimples too! In general, mothers always joke about having to carry a child for 9 months just to look like the dad :rofl: I feel all moms at some point wouldn’t mind a mini me

1 Like

I’m literally my dad but prettier.

8 Likes

I dont have kids, but having a husband whose race/ethnicity is different from mine makes me a little extra excited to see what kind of combos we can come up with :relieved:

I have a feeling his genes will prevail, he has a very prominent brow shape, lips and jawline, and tan skin/black hair/brown eyes. He looks exactly like his dad and his dad looked like his dad. I can’t say I would be upset with a mini-him or two running around :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My two are literally the absolute clone of their dad. I have brown hair and brown/golden eyes, my boys have blue eyes and green eyes, with blonde hair. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner is blonde and blue eyed. It makes me wonder if ever we had a daughter she would look like me?
Something about your partner having his own mini me(s) is so endearing :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This gives me more hope that I can get just one that looks like me! I always assume that the darker, stronger feautures will win out. It would be so sweet to have two boys like your husband and then a girl that looks like you!

I’m expecting, so I’ll have to wait and see. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is a history-buff and he told me there was an Old Wives’ Tale that the oldest child was more likely to resemble the father. And some ancient cultures even used this as a means to determine paternity.

I know this isn’t always true, but it’s fun to think about.

2 Likes

Me. He has my lips and cupids bow, eye shape, dimples, nose… Nothing else to get from his dad! :joy: He has blue eyes like me but blonde hair and neither of us have blonde hair. He’s only 7 months old so it could change!

I’ve heard this before too! The funny thing is it is true for most people in my family and my husband’s family too. [name_m]Even[/name_m] my firstborn twin looks like his dad and the secondborn looks like me. :joy:

3 Likes

That’s so strange! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I are both only children. I’m definitely my father’s side, but he looks like his mother’s. So it’s really a toss up :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

My parents are both brown hair brown eyed. I have brown hair blue/green/grey eyes. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner has brown hair brown eyes. Our son has bright blonde hair and bright blue eyes lol. And he looks exactly like me. I’m pregnant and hoping for another blonde hair blue eyed baby. But it would be cute too to get the opposite

My partner and I don’t have children yet, but I am very interested to see if they take after him. I can strongly assume our kids will have black/dark brown hair and brown/hazel eyes since nearly everyone in our families has those features, but I am most interested to see if they look like my partner, who takes after HIS dad, who takes after HIS mom (paternal grandmother).

In my family I would say like most families everyone is a mix. I have my dad’s chin, etc., but no particular strong resemblance. In my partner’s family, however, anyone who gets that paternal grandmother’s genes seems to get them VERY strongly. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner is one of 5, and he and his only sister look just like their dad, my FIL. [name_f]My[/name_f] FIL has one full sister, and half siblings from both parents. He looks nothing like his half siblings by his dad, but strongly resembles his full sister and somewhat his half sister. The full sister (my partner’s aunt) has two daughters who could both be sisters of my partner’s sister instead of first cousins. One of those cousins has two young daughters of her own, and it is fascinating that both little girls could truly be swapped for their mom, aunt, or mom’s cousin (my partner’s sister) at the same age. Down to expression, hair texture, everything.

Complicated to follow, I know, but the long and the short of it is I wonder if we will also have one of those carbon copy babies, our if ours will be like most people and be a mixture of their parents and families.