Why can't I 'favourite' or 'dislike' names?

If I click the heart or cross (X) symbol on a name page, nothing happens. If I go to the “My favourites” section of Nameberry, it just shows a random list of names - many of which are not my favourites and never have been. Does anyone else have this issue?

Wow, I never knew that! Good find. It does the same thing for me — shows random names in the “Favorites” list. However, it definitely includes my favorites (only with additional random names).

But also, how do we access our Disliked names?

I don’t know if we can access a list of our disliked names, I guess it’s only used for the ‘name generator’ - to avoid showing those names?

@freddiethepink I’ve just checked my favourites and they all seem to be accurate, although my list does include those names I’ve “disliked”, too. Is it literally just random names populating yours? Nothing you’ve interacted with in any way?

Now you mention it, it could well be names that I’ve both ‘favourited’ and ‘disliked’, however the list isn’t distinguishing between the two, it’s just a long list of names.

Hmm… Mine shows my favorites and my disliked names. The favorited ones have a green heart next to them and a grey X, and the disliked ones have an orange X along with a grey heart. Doesn’t yours have that?

They all have a green heart and an orange X.

Hm. That’s really weird.

Mine have either the green heart or the orange ‘X,’ but still the question is, why are these favorited & disliked names showing up mixed in just our Favorites list?

Thanks for all you do, Nameberry!

They shouldn’t have both a green heart AND orange X, one of those should be greyed out. [name_m]How[/name_m] weird!

@katsumii Yes, it’s strange that the favourited and disliked show up together, but if you wanted just a list of favourites, you can always un-dislike your disliked names (if that makes sense!) and they should be automatically removed from the list.

I’m sorry, but what is the point of marking names “Disliked,” then, when we can only view them by navigating to our “Favorites”?

Also, you are right. I don’t need to “dislike” names. It … it does seem odd that we can “favorite” and “dislike” names, but only access both mixed through the “Favorites” link. :\

Thanks for all you do…

• k

@katsumii I’m not sure if that’s the way it was originally set up, or if it’s some sort of glitch. I do know that it has been like this for as long as I can remember (and I’ve been here since ca. 2015). I can certainly bring it up with the site creators as a potential area for future development, but there’s a lot going on behind the scenes right now with some big changes coming soon to the Forums and elsewhere, so it may not be a quick fix. Thanks for bringing this up.