Why can't Non-Cis Berries have fun too?

Oh Nameberry, we’ve talked about this before… [name_m]Can[/name_m] you picture the disappointment of a non-cis berry, excited to participate in the fun thread and quiz, open it to see that one again, it is not inclusive.

And this is after I took a break after last time with the [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] quiz. Nothing’s changed, huh?

I’m sad now, thanks. [name_u]Super[/name_u] cool of you.

2 Likes

There are a lot of features on this site besides the quizzes, including the forums which is open and inclusive for everyone to discuss pretty much anything they would like. Some of the quiz questions might not apply to you, I’m not sure if that makes them unfair.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @Aren You’re right and this makes me sad too. It’s the way the original engineer built the quiz (interesting since they were queer). I’ll see if our CTO can add a fourth non-binary option but I’m not sure it’s possible given that I know a lot about names and nothing about engineering. But I will ask. I agree with you that it should be gender inclusive.

11 Likes

Somehow yes, I do think a site all about names excluding one entire category of names and therefore people, is “unfair”

There should be no part of this site that isn’t inclusive.

10 Likes

Ooh interesting, I honestly hadn’t thought about the engineering side! I hope it can be done, this is a big miss within the system. I hoped it’d be easier now that there’s a gender neutral category of names.

Thank you :heart:

2 Likes

I don’t see how Nameberry is excluding an entire group of people by not adding a single name category in one facet of the site, though. I understand the frustration in society’s obsession with cis/heteronormative culture, but this is a QUIZ on a website that is indeed inclusive of all posters. Not every little thing is going to apply to all people. [name_m]Just[/name_m] saying.