Why is this so hard?

So I have boys names that I love, but am really struggling to find girls names that I even like much less love. My naming style for boys are names that are not in the top 1000 like [name]Linus[/name], [name]Leonidas[/name], etc. But I am struggling to find appropriate names for girls that I like.
Here are a few of the names that I have saved recently…

[name]Artemis[/name]
[name]Cornelia[/name]
[name]Lux[/name]
[name]Electra[/name]
[name]Prudence[/name]
[name]Arwen[/name]
[name]Scout[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
And [name]Agatha[/name]

So what do you think…brutal honesty please, if you like or hate please tell me why…thanks.

[name]Artemis[/name]- nice in the middle name spot, but too much as a first. [name]Diana[/name] or [name]Diane[/name] are nice alternatives.
[name]Cornelia[/name]- love this. [name]Cora[/name] is a great nickname. [name]Cornelia[/name] [name]Bronwen[/name] is my combo.
[name]Lux[/name]- Too “Virgin Suicides” and too short. I don’t like this.
[name]Electra[/name]- Too [name]Carmen[/name] [name]Electra[/name].
[name]Prudence[/name]- I want to like it, but it’s very Puritan, and not Puritan chic. I think it could grow on me.
[name]Arwen[/name]- I think this was in [name]Lord[/name] of the Rings? It’s okay, not really my style.
[name]Scout[/name]- Very “To Kill a Mockingbird.” I feel it’s best as a nickname/pet name.
[name]Esme[/name]- [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Agatha[/name]- I also really like this. It’s interesting, and ready for a revival.

I hope I wasn’t too harsh, and I hope that helps!

• [name]Athena[/name]

[name]Artemis[/name] - I knew a girl named [name]Artemis[/name] and she was a lovely girl. It’s very hard sounding though and I prefer [name]Artemisia[/name]. I like.
[name]Cornelia[/name] - despise. Could be to do with the Australian actress who always plays horrible characters though.
[name]Lux[/name] - don’t like. Reminds me of soap and its not feminine at all.
[name]Electra[/name] - its OK
[name]Prudence[/name] - really like [name]Prudence[/name] and [name]Pru[/name] - [name]Prunella[/name]?
[name]Arwen[/name] - I like [name]Arwen[/name] - if I was to use it though I’d pair it with an ultra feminine MN like [name]Arwen[/name] [name]Lily[/name]
[name]Scout[/name] - nms
[name]Esme[/name] - love [name]Esme[/name]. [name]One[/name] of my favourites.
And [name]Agatha[/name] - my current name crush. I also like [name]Agnes[/name].

[name]Artemis[/name]: okay. but I strongly prefer [name]Artemis[/name] only as a middle name.
[name]Cornelia[/name]: dislike. I always think about corn. haha. what about [name]Cordelia[/name]?
[name]Lux[/name]: [name]Love[/name] this. but I agree that [name]Lux[/name] is not easily suits to everyone.
[name]Electra[/name]: strong and feminine.
[name]Prudence[/name]: not my favourite.
[name]Arwen[/name]: I love [name]Arwen[/name], but the LOTR association is really strong. Is it okay with you?
[name]Scout[/name]: I don’t like [name]Scout[/name] (at all) for girl.
[name]Esme[/name]: soft and sweet.
[name]Agatha[/name]: I like [name]Agatha[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Artemis[/name] – Sounds too pretentious and there are no obvious feminine nn’s
[name]Cornelia[/name] – Maybe it’s the Corn sound at the beginning…but I really don’t like this name
[name]Lux[/name] – This has a cool sound. It reminds me of “reflux” though. :confused:
[name]Electra[/name] – This isn’t my style, but it’s spunky and fun.
[name]Prudence[/name] – I don’t really like the “prude” at the beginning of this name. I prefer [name]Verity[/name] and [name]Clarity[/name] for virtue names and [name]Cadence[/name] for a name with a similar sound.
[name]Arwen[/name] – This is pretty!
[name]Scout[/name] – I wouldn’t use it as a first name, but this would make a great middle! Very spunky and I love the literary association!
[name]Esme[/name] – Very mild and beautiful.
And [name]Agatha[/name] – Too “old lady” for my taste.

You might also like:
[name]Arden[/name]
Elowen
[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Althea[/name]

Bump, to try to bump down the troll post.

Of those, I like

[name]Artemis[/name]
[name]Cornelia[/name]
[name]Arwen[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]

What do you think of:

[name]Charis[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Danae[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Avis[/name]
[name]Lucretia[/name]
[name]Sidonie[/name]/[name]Sidonia[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]

[name]Artemis[/name]- this is ok, it makes me think of an unflattering character on It’s Always [name]Sunny[/name] in [name]Philadelphia[/name]
][name]Cornelia[/name]- this I’ve always liked! Most people prefer [name]Cordelia[/name] cause of the ‘corn’ in [name]Cornelia[/name]. I love nn Neeley!
[name]Lux[/name]- this has a cheap feel for me. Cause it’s trying to express luxury it makes me think of anything but. Kind of stripperish. I like the Virgin Suicides character though. Maybe [name]Alexis[/name] or [name]Huxley[/name] nn [name]Lux[/name] so she has more options. [name]Alexandra[/name]?
[name]Electra[/name]- I like Elletra or [name]Allegra[/name] better so I don’t immediately think [name]Carmen[/name] [name]Electra[/name]
[name]Prudence[/name]- nms. Has an uptight vibe.
[name]Arwen[/name]- nms. Has a middle earth/fairy vibe.
[name]Scout[/name] nms. Has a celeb vibe & doesn’t age well.
[name]Esme[/name]- used to love it, Twilight ruined it for me
[name]Agatha[/name]-this is cute. Grandma chic & I like the sound of it

[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Calliope[/name]
[name]Ione[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Coral[/name]
[name]Inez[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Dixie[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
Elletra
[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Plum[/name]
[name]Rue[/name]
[name]Gweneth[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Irene[/name]

[name]Agatha[/name] is my favorite. Maybe you would like [name]Augusta[/name] or [name]Augustine[/name]?

My favourites are [name]Arwen[/name] and [name]Esme[/name]. The rest are NMS so they don’t appeal to me, sorry.