Will Elliott become too girly?

I love the name [name]Elliott[/name] for a boy. However, I’ve heard that it’s starting to become popular for girls, too. [name]Do[/name] you see this switching over to the girls’ camp? Or would is still be viable to use? My son would be named [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] K________.

Sure, people are starting to name their daughters [name]Elliott[/name] ([name]Eliot[/name], [name]Elliot[/name]), but not near at the same rate the people are naming their boys this classic and handsome choice! I think that [name]Elliott[/name] is a fine choice for your son, and you shouldn’t worry about it going (totally) to the girls anytime soon. [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] is also a lovely combination of names. Congratulations and good luck!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Elliott[/name] for a boy and I think you should definitely use it! There are girls with the name, but that doesn’t make it a girls’ name at all. And I don’t think [name]Elliott[/name] comes across as an overly feminine boys’ name or even as a unisex name either. I think it sounds clearly like a boys’ name and that girls with the name are just girls with a boys’ name. I think it’s very masculine and handsome!

[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] is very handsome! Great choice! Like pp, I feel that [name]Elliott[/name] is clearly a boys’ name and not even a very feminine one imo.

Thanks for the reassurance! We really love the name [name]Elliott[/name], and [name]Harrison[/name] is actually my maiden name that we would use to honor my father. My hubby and I are planning on starting our family in the next year or so, and I can’t get enough of names…already! :slight_smile:

I agree with the others that say that although there are some girls being given this name, it is still much more popular for boys and you shouldn’t let those few girls keep you from using it for a boy if you like it!

I love [name]Elliott[/name], for both a boy and a girl, but I agree with everyone else that even though a few girls might be being named this, it is still mostly a boy’s name. In fact, once I told a friend I liked [name]Elliott[/name] for a girl, and they said “what?! [name]Elliott[/name] is a boy’s name!”

Also, [name]Elliott[/name] is my favourite spelling by far. It looks more balanced than [name]Elliot[/name] and more complete than [name]Eliot[/name]. :slight_smile:

I love [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Harrison[/name], and second the previous comments. [name]Elliott[/name] is all boy to me! :slight_smile: I love the [name]Eli[/name] and potential [name]Leo[/name] nickname, too. If you find that you’re still unsure, you may also like [name]Everett[/name] [name]Harrison[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile: