Will people think Im celeb name crazy?

I have a daughter named [name]Harlow[/name], and recently my husband and I found out we were expecting another girl. [name]Even[/name] before [name]Halle[/name] [name]Berry[/name] named her daughter [name]Nahla[/name], I loved it, and am considering using it. However, whenever I take our daughter to the doctor or elsewhere, people always comment, “Oh isnt that [name]Nicole[/name] [name]Richie[/name]'s baby’s name?”, as if she is the only person entitled to use the name, or she should be credited for inventing it.
So, question is, will people think I simply name my children after celebs because Im a gossip site junkie or will they appreciate the beautiful names [name]Ive[/name] chosen?

[name]Ah[/name]. That’s a tough one, really. I think, personally, I wouldn’t use two celebaby names for my children. Granted, [name]Nahla[/name] isn’t really a high-profile celebaby like [name]Harlow[/name] is, but [name]Nahla[/name] is so unusual on its own, I don’t recommend using it alongside [name]Harlow[/name]. Honestly, I think the names are so different in style, I wouldn’t recommend pairing them together even if [name]Nahla[/name] was not the name of a celebaby. Sorry!

What is it about [name]Nahla[/name] that you are attracted to? The soft sound? The Disney ([name]Nala[/name], The [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name]) reference? The exotic, feminine feel? If so, you might like [name]Della[/name], [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Lilla[/name], [name]Myla[/name] (coincidentally, another celebaby name - [name]Myla[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Federer), [name]Nora[/name], [name]Vala[/name], or [name]Zara[/name]…

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I agree with the above poster. [name]Nahla[/name] & [name]Harlow[/name] dont flow well together. I dont like there endings together. The “la” and “low”
[name]How[/name] about another classic, vintage sounding name?..
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Monroe[/name]
[name]Lauren[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]/[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Rhea[/name] ([name]Ray[/name]-A)* fav
[name]Chantel[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]*fav

yes people will think you are celeb crazy. what about [name]Nola[/name]?

I’m not too concerned about the two names flowing, considering they will be for two different children. And while I am a tiny bit worried that people will think that I’m celeb crazy, I don’t want that to stop me from picking a beautiful name. Half of the names on these lists are celeb used, and almost every one of us has a name that another celebrity has. I woke up this morning feeling that it was a little silly of me to be so worried what people who do not even know my family will think of my childrens names. Thank you for all the name suggestions, it may help with a middle name.

[name]Hi[/name] there! Unfortunately I must admit that if you simply told me you had daughters named [name]Harlow[/name] and [name]Nahla[/name], I would probably think you were following celebrity name trends.

That being said, I think more people associate [name]Nahla[/name] with the [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name] than [name]Halle[/name] [name]Berry[/name].

Ultimately if you love a name that’s all that matters. [name]Just[/name] be prepared for even more comments at the doctors office and out and about!

Good luck to you!

P.S. I think the pp suggestion of [name]Nola[/name] is darling!

I really like [name]Nola[/name], instead.

In Arabic, the H sound is pronounced as a hard expulsion of breath… if you stop in the middle of the name and then blow out all the air as fast as you can, that’s what it’s SUPPOSED to sound like. [name]Nala[/name] is the smoother form. Personally, I don’t like it, especially not with [name]Harlow[/name].

I didn’t even know [name]Halle[/name] [name]Berry[/name] had a baby by that name, I don’t think it’s high profile. I don’t pay attention too much to celebs, so it wouldn’t have occured to me. [name]Don[/name]'t you htink people will forget these are celeb names in a few years. The only two that stand out to my as celeb names are [name]Apple[/name] and [name]Shiloh[/name].

I was looking through all the hot lists and when Celeb Names came up I clicked on it and [name]Nahla[/name] isn’t even on there. So, I really think I was just stressing for nothing.

i may or may not think you named your child after celeb, but i am sure that people would keep thinking about the celeb’s kid everytime they call the name, or even make comparison.

i can’t make any suggestion. personally i don’t know a celeb or his or her kid named [name]Nahla[/name].

what i do know is that [name]Nahla[/name] is the name of a city in Japan, what a coincidence, but in Japanese, it’s [name]Nara[/name] (Japanese people pronounce “R” as “L”…