Willa and August

We are expecting our third child next month and [name]Willa[/name] and [name]August[/name] are our top contenders. We have two other children, [name]Gray[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Eden[/name].

What do you think about [name]August[/name] [name]Reeves[/name] or [name]August[/name] [name]Reeve[/name]? [name]Reeves[/name] is a family name. I thought about using [name]Reeve[/name]/[name]Reeves[/name] as a first name, but I think it sounds tongue twistery if you say it with [name]Eloise[/name]. Any other middle name suggestions for [name]August[/name]?

I can’t decide on a middle name for [name]Willa[/name]. My favorite so far is [name]Willa[/name] [name]Maisie[/name], but not completely sold. WDYT? Any other suggestions?

[name]Hartley[/name]

Also, if you have time, what other names do you like with [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Gray[/name], [name]Willa[/name], and [name]August[/name]? I’ve always wanted five children so its never too early to plan. :smiley:

Can I just say that I love [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Eden[/name] and [name]Gray[/name] [name]Frederick[/name]! Great names.

I think [name]Gray[/name], [name]Eloise[/name] & [name]Willa[/name] sound so great together. Perfect. I also really like [name]Gray[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], & [name]August[/name]. [name]Gus[/name] would be a cute nickname too. [name]Gray[/name] and [name]Gus[/name]. Adorable.

I think [name]Willa[/name] [name]Maisie[/name] works really well as does [name]August[/name] [name]Reeves[/name]. I would stop looking. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

On future children,

[name]Gray[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Willa[/name], [name]August[/name], & [name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Gray[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Willa[/name], [name]August[/name], & [name]Silas[/name]
[name]Gray[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]Silas[/name], & [name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Gray[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Willa[/name], [name]Annabel[/name], & [name]Daphne[/name]

I love [name]Willa[/name] and [name]August[/name]. They both sound great with [name]Gray[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name].

Some mn for [name]Willa[/name]:

[name]Willa[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Briar[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Iris[/name]

Other names:

[name]Gray[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Willa[/name], [name]August[/name], and [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Celeste[/name], [name]Adele[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Julian[/name], [name]Edmund[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Leon[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Isaac[/name].

I am SO glad that you have decided on [name]Willa[/name] and especially [name]August[/name], i knew when i put [name]August[/name] in my suggestions that it was going to work! [name]Both[/name] work amazingly with [name]Gray[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name].
I was looking back in your first topic to see other names that you liked and i think some of them may work well with [name]Willa[/name] and [name]August[/name] as middle names :
[name]August[/name] [name]Hudson[/name]
[name]August[/name] [name]Miller[/name]

[name]Willa[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name] - absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] this
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]

As good as [name]Willa[/name] [name]Maisie[/name] sounds, [name]Maisie[/name] just doesn’t have the same vibe of [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Eden[/name] or [name]Gray[/name] [name]Frederick[/name]. It seems much more playful and nicknamey the [name]Eden[/name] and [name]Frederick[/name], but you just may like that about it! In sticking with [name]Frederick[/name] and [name]Eden[/name] you could go for something like :
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Cate[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]/[name]Vivien[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

As for [name]August[/name] [name]Reeves[/name], i love the way it flows and the fact that it is from the family. A perfect match in this case!

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

What a darling sib set!
I’d choose between [name]Reeves[/name] and [name]Reeve[/name] depending on syllable balance with the last name: if the last name has two syllables then I’d stick [name]Reeve[/name] in the middle so there aren’t three two-syllable names in a row. But if the last name has one or three (or more) syllables then [name]Reeves[/name] could work better. [name]Say[/name] the full name and then just the first/last names five times fast and see how they flow.

[name]Willa[/name] [name]Maisie[/name] sounds heavy on the vowel sounds (i, a, e) which gives the name a very light, almost insignificant feeling, particularly in comparison to your other children’s names.

I like the suggestion of [name]Willa[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]. [name]Margaret[/name] gives more weight and consonants/syllables to balance out the lightweight (but lovely) [name]Willa[/name]. [name]Willa[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Willa[/name] [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Willa[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Willa[/name] [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Willa[/name] [name]Daphne[/name] are more nice ideas.

Wonderful choices! I love [name]Reeve[/name]/s as a middle name for its family connection. With [name]August[/name], I would use [name]Reeve[/name] to avoid the duplicating "s"s. You could also use [name]Reeve[/name]/s as [name]Willa[/name]'s middle name – I like both [name]Willa[/name] [name]Reeves[/name] or [name]Willa[/name] [name]Reeve[/name], depending on your last name.

I like the suggested:
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]*
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]

Plus, perhaps:
[name]Willa[/name] [name]August[/name] / [name]Austen[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Emerson[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Esther[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Frances[/name]*

I also like the classic “two-syllable + one-syllable” combo ([name]Mary[/name] [name]Kate[/name], [name]Anna[/name] [name]Grace[/name], etc.), depending on your last name. I can’t find many that work, but here’s a few suggestions – they may be hit-and-miss.
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Plum[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Jude[/name]*
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Clare[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Bay[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Blue[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Dove[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]True[/name]

I just had to say that I love the names [name]Willa[/name] and [name]August[/name], so sweet and classy!
They really work with your other children : )
I think that the previously suggested [name]Willa[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] looks really beautiful. Maybe even [name]Willa[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]?

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Gray[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Willa[/name], [name]August[/name] = One of the best sibsets I have ever heard…genious because to me they are not very stylistically similar but together they fit like a puzzle. Not a huge fan, however, of the others with these ([name]Silas[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Annabel[/name], or [name]Daphne[/name]). They are nice names, but they just can’t compare to the others. I really like the [name]Willa[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] suggestion, very nice.