Willa Luna?

[name]Hi[/name] Nameberries! Husband and I have been trying to conceive and I got a positive hpt this weekend! Nowhere near close to boy names, but have already closed in on a short list for girls. My latest favorite is [name]Willa[/name]. It’s very close to my mother’s maiden name, and I love love love the way it flows. But I’m not sure if it goes with my favorite middle name, [name]Luna[/name].

[name]Willa[/name] [name]Luna[/name]. Too many L sounds?

Other names on the shortlist which could be middles:
[name]Violet[/name] (my great grandmother’s name)
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]

And other middle only options:
[name]Vivian[/name] (my great grandmother’s middle name)
[name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]June[/name]

What do you think of [name]Willa[/name] as a first name? And what middle do you like best?

Thanks! :smiley:

[name]Willa[/name] [name]Luna[/name] is a little L heavy. My favorites are [name]Willa[/name] [name]Violet[/name], [name]Willa[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name], and [name]Willa[/name] [name]June[/name]. I think all three are very sweet and I like the name [name]Willa[/name] as well.

I think that either [name]Willa[/name] [name]Vivian[/name] or [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Luna[/name] sounds better. [name]Willa[/name] [name]Luna[/name] is not only L heavy, it also ends with the same sound.

I very much prefer [name]Willa[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] [name]June[/name].

[name]Willa[/name] [name]Luna[/name] doesn’t work, but I like [name]Willa[/name] [name]Vivian[/name], [name]Willa[/name] [name]June[/name], and [name]Willa[/name] [name]Violet[/name]. [name]Willa[/name] has never been one of my favorits but I can see the appeal and it’s a perfectly nice name.

[name]Hi[/name]! [name]Willa[/name] is gorgeous, and it is by far my favorite name on your short list. [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name], while beautiful, are both on the fast track to popularity, and [name]Phoebe[/name], while also a very sweet name, doesn’t have the same sparkle that [name]Willa[/name] does. [name]Willa[/name] [name]Luna[/name] though is too much L. It reminds me of [name]Stella[/name] [name]Luna[/name], the book, and its a bit cartoonish. That being said, I love love love [name]Willa[/name] [name]June[/name]. It’s so full of personality and it’s cute but not too cute. [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

We have a 3month old baby girl, and [name]Willa[/name] was on my list as well. We also considered [name]June[/name] for middle name because she was born in [name]June[/name]. My pick would be [name]Willa[/name] [name]June[/name] for sure. We ended up going with [name]Edyn[/name], but still love [name]Willa[/name]. [name]Luna[/name] is very trendy right now, and I agree with the too many L’s comments. Congrats on the pregnancy :smiley:

I love the name [name]Willa[/name], I love [name]Luna[/name] as well but it doesn’t flow, my favourites are [name]Willa[/name] [name]June[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

I love [name]Willa[/name], but as [name]Will[/name] is such a common name, you have to be careful about the flow-on with the next name. [name]Willa[/name] [name]Luna[/name] can sound like [name]Will[/name] Aluna.

I just read a great book called ‘Waiting for [name]Willa[/name]’ btw, if you like vintage sexy crime thrillers!

Congratulations on the pregnancy btw! xx

[name]Willa[/name] [name]Luna[/name] instantly reminds me of the children’s book [name]Stella[/name] [name]Luna[/name]. Not a bad image, but still. I do agree that [name]Willa[/name] [name]Luna[/name] is too L heavy. Perhaps another middle name?

Thanks everyone! I think I knew that [name]Willa[/name] [name]Luna[/name] just didn’t sound right, and you’ve all confirmed that. I was having a hard time talking my husband into [name]Luna[/name] anyway, even in the MN slot. :expressionless:

I think of the other possible combos I like [name]Willa[/name] [name]June[/name] the best, but husband reminded me of another MN possibility, after his GM, [name]Louise[/name]. It doesn’t end with the same vowel sound, but it does repeat the L. Still a problem?

[name]Willa[/name] [name]June[/name]

[name]Willa[/name] [name]Louise[/name]/ [name]Willa[/name] [name]Lou[/name]

Also I’m curious what you all think of [name]Willa[/name] as a first name? Cute, feminine, spunky, sassy, southern? What characteristics do you attribute to the name? And please be honest!

This is fun! :wink:

I like [name]Willa[/name] alot, I think she’s sweet and spunky and I love [name]Willa[/name] [name]June[/name].

Hey-
Though it is a beautiful sounding name, it also reminded me instantly of the children’s book, Stellaluna. I like some of the other suggestions offered. My daughter is “[name]Milla[/name]”. Her middle name is [name]Josephine[/name].

[name]Willa[/name] is a beautiful name! Good luck!