Willa or Caroline?

I’m due in a few weeks and we just cannot straighten this out. Our son is named [name]Owen[/name], our last name is a horrible [name]German[/name] clunker, which nothing sounds good with so that’s not our concern.
Here’s the list:
[name]Willa[/name] (horrible reception from family, which I only partly care about)
[name]Caroline[/name] (nickname?)
[name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Honora[/name] (I can’t let this go, but my husband has basically ruled it out.)
Any opinions, suggestions?
(Her middle name will be [name]Jane[/name] after my grandmother who died last month.)

Here’s the list:
[name]Willa[/name] (horrible reception from family, which I only partly care about) - [name]Love[/name] [name]Willa[/name]!
[name]Caroline[/name] (nickname?) My fave on your list. It would be on my list if I were going to have a baby. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Callie[/name] could be a nn for [name]Caroline[/name]?
[name]Georgina[/name] - I don’t really like it with [name]Jane[/name].
[name]Isla[/name] - love
[name]Lark[/name] - I wouldn’t want this to be my name.
[name]Honora[/name] (I can’t let this go, but my husband has basically ruled it out.) If he doesn’t like it, don’t use it. I think a daughter loves it when her parents both love her name. That is, if she interacts often with both parents.
(Her middle name will be [name]Jane[/name] after my grandmother who died last month.) - [name]Love[/name] the name [name]Jane[/name] so much!

[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]

I’m due in a few weeks and we just cannot straighten this out. Our son is named [name]Owen[/name], our last name is a horrible [name]German[/name] clunker, which nothing sounds good with so that’s not our concern.
Here’s the list:
[name]Willa[/name]–I think [name]Willa[/name] is nice.
[name]Caroline[/name]–My 2nd favorite on your list. [name]Caro[/name] as a nickname?
[name]Georgina[/name]–I prefer [name]Georgia[/name].
[name]Isla[/name]–Nice, but I always worry about pronunciation. If that’s not a worry for you, then it’s beautiful.
[name]Lark[/name]–I agree with [name]Susan[/name] on this one. It just doesn’t sound nice to my ears, but I like the nature aspect.
[name]Honora[/name]–I’m sorry your husband doesn’t like this name! One of my favorite names, but spelt [name]Annora[/name] or [name]Anora[/name] because of pronunciation issues (my last name is such a problem that I wouldn’t burden a child with any pronunciation complications on their first name). I love the spelling [name]Honora[/name] though. This would be my 1st favorite on your list, but maybe you can use it as a 2nd middle name? Might be a nice compromise.
[name]Jane[/name] is great.

[name]Wren[/name]?
[name]Olive[/name]?
[name]Livia[/name]?
[name]Clementine[/name]?
[name]Cordelia[/name]?
[name]Flora[/name]?
[name]Eliza[/name]?
[name]Louisa[/name]?

Here’s the list:

[name]Willa[/name] (horrible reception from family, which I only partly care about): I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]!
:slight_smile:
[name]Caroline[/name] (nickname?): I adore [name]Caroline[/name], but I prefer [name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] over [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I’d go with the [name]Caro[/name] nickname, too.

[name]Georgina[/name]: I do like [name]Georgina[/name], but not with [name]Jane[/name]. I think [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Jane[/name] flows a bit better, but it’s really J heavy.

[name]Isla[/name]: Oooh! I think [name]Isla[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is lovely. ([name]Willa[/name] still has my vote, though.) :slight_smile:

[name]Lark[/name]: I’m not a [name]Lark[/name] fan, either, and it unfortunately doesn’t work with [name]Jane[/name].

[name]Honora[/name] (I can’t let this go, but my husband has basically ruled it out.): I think this is really pretty, too. I think [name]Honora[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is lovely.

[name]Annabel[/name]/[name]Annabelle[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Cora[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

I love the suggestions of [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Jane[/name].

With such a long last name, what about sticking the lovely [name]Jane[/name] in front?

[name]Jane[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

If you’ve already had the baby I would love to know what you chose! Your situation sounds similar to mine. I am due next week, big brother is [name]Ewan[/name] (similar to [name]Owen[/name]) and our last name is Stark (german clunker also!!) And [name]Willa[/name] is my top choice for a name! Followed by [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Elspeth[/name].

I would like to say that my name is [name]Georgina[/name]. I go by [name]George[/name] and [name]LOVE[/name] my name, as a child and an adult. I would call my daughter this if it wouldn’t be weird! [name]George[/name] is an awesome nickname for a girl I think and I always get compliments on it.

Let me know if you went with [name]Willa[/name] and what reactions you have gotten if you did.

[name]Willa[/name]: nice, not really feeling it

[name]Caroline[/name]: getting pretty popular…

[name]Georgina[/name]: too heavy next to [name]Owen[/name], also don’t like w/ [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Isla[/name]: I think this is too heavily associated w/ [name]Isla[/name] [name]Fisher[/name], that’s all I can think of when I hear it–but your opinion is the one that counts, I also love the sound of [name]Isla[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
(it’s pronounced EYE-la, no offense if you already knew)

[name]Lark[/name]: [name]Love[/name]! (But might not work w/ [name]Jane[/name])

[name]Honora[/name]: this feels and sounds awkward, but a more streamlined option might be [name]Honore[/name], which is pronounced [name]Ah[/name]-no-ray

(Her middle name will be [name]Jane[/name] after my grandmother who died last month.)

You seem to like classical yet unique names, so here are some more suggestions:
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Nadia[/name]
[name]Sonia[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]
[name]Aalia[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Norah[/name]
[name]Juliette[/name]