Willa or Mina?

I have decided that [name]Wilhelmina[/name] is going to be first daughter’s name. I don’t care what other people think about it. If you say the name aloud it is so gourgeous sounding and it my great grandmother’s middle name. What I can’t decide is which sounds better? [name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Mina[/name] [name]Jane[/name]?

I actually like this name-it sounds strong yet feminine and fit for a princess. I much prefer [name]Mina[/name] [name]Jane[/name] over [name]Willa[/name], don’t know why but [name]Willa[/name] by itself just doesn’t do anything for me.

I like [name]Mina[/name] too, it’s more unusual and is very cute.

[name]Mina[/name]! It’s adorable, yet very elegant. [name]Willa[/name] just sounds so delicate and wispy to me. [name]Wilhelmina[/name] is a great name!

[name]Mina[/name], definitely!

I had this name on my last for my daughter, and if I had used it, I would have called her [name]Nina[/name].

I’m going to say the opposite! I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Willa[/name]! I think I’d happily use it as a first name on its own, and as a nn for [name]Wilhelmina[/name] I think it’s sassy but pretty at the same time and has a great literary connection. I love it!

Yes, I prefer [name]Willa[/name] too. It’s more usual yet I hear “willowy” vs. “meaner.” It also seems to me more of a name and less a suffix.

I love [name]Wilhelmina[/name], and I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love [name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]! :slight_smile: I think that [name]Mina[/name] is very pretty, too, but I’m just more of a [name]Willa[/name] person. (I also love how [name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] sounds less N heavy than [name]Mina[/name] [name]Jane[/name].)

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name]! And I think [name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is the Bees Knees!

Personally, I prefer [name]Willa[/name] over [name]Mina[/name]. I just love the sound of it. Feminine without being frilly and soft but still strong. Awesome name!

The bees knees? I love that, [name]Salome[/name]! :slight_smile:

I have a cousin named that, but her name is spelled more new-age [name]Willamina[/name], she goes by [name]Willy[/name] lol. You can’t go wrong with those nicknames! but i like [name]Willa[/name] the best.

Definitley [name]Willa[/name], sounds prettier in my opinion:)

While I think I like [name]Willa[/name] better–breezier, more contemporary to my ear–I think both options are really great.

You might like to know that in the novel “Dracula” by [name]Bram[/name] Stoker, one of the main characters is a [name]Wilhelmina[/name] who goes by [name]Mina[/name]. She’s really sweet and loving, but through the novel reveals how strong, smart and brave she is. A good namesake to me.

The bees knees? I love that, [name]Salome[/name]! :-)[/quote]

Well, somebody has to bring it back. ^^

I think [name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is addorable!!! To me [name]Mina[/name] just reminds me of mean - maybe I’m not pronouncing in correctly though? (MEE-na?) I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Willa[/name]! So cute! :slight_smile: