Willow as a boys name?

I know that [name_u]Willow[/name_u] is a unisex name but I can’t seem to picture it on a boy. I really love the name and would use it on a girl if it wasn’t for its popularity. What are your thoughts? Would you ever use it for a boy?

1 Like

Ooh I hadn’t thought of [name_u]Willow[/name_u] on a boy but I really like it!

2 Likes

I can imagine it working quite well on a boy. Like the nn [name_u]Will[/name_u] too.

2 Likes

its too popular for girl right now, but theoretically, i love it on a boy <3

1 Like

I prefer it for a girl in spite of the popularity, but I do like it on a boy. I really like this name.

I really like it for a boy! Such a fresh “Will” alternative to [name_u]William[/name_u] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

i adore willow on a boy! comes with the nickname will, it has that stylish ‘o’ sound at the end, and is super uncommon. truly wonderful.

1 Like

I love willow! But would probably use it on a girl regardless of popularity

I also love [name_u]Hazel[/name_u], [name_u]Hyacinth[/name_u] + [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] for boys :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I think [name_u]Willow[/name_u] is too decidedly feminine to be able to go unquestioned.
Common nickname [name_u]Will[/name_u] for males definitely could make this easier as mentioned by previous comments.

I prefer the alternative of [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] as a suggestion for something with same sounds but more ‘unique’ than [name_u]William[/name_u].

2 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it as a middle name for a boy, but probably too out there for me as a first.

I love it for a boy. It would be adorable to honor a [name_u]William[/name_u].

ohh i also hadn’t thought of [name_u]Willow[/name_u] for a boy but it’d be an awesome and unique alternative to [name_u]William[/name_u]! the nn [name_u]Will[/name_u] is so cute too

There’s a popular movie called [name_u]Willow[/name_u] and the main character is a man named [name_u]Willow[/name_u]. So I can see it for a boy as that’s my first thought when I hear [name_u]Willow[/name_u].

1 Like

I think you would probably get questions about it since most people perceive it to be a girl’s name right now, but I don’t think that should stop you from using it if you love it! I think nature names in particular can often go either way.

A boy at a daycare I worked with was named [name_f]Tulip[/name_f] (on the birth certificate and everything), and he rocked it! [name_u]Willow[/name_u] is far more gender-neutral anyways.

If you’re not sold, I love [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] on a boy! It has a bit of a different vibe, but the sounds are similar and it’s less common across genders in general, so you might like it!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Willow[/name_u] for a boy! It’s completely unisex to me, it’s on my long list for both boys and girls!

Very charming for a boy. It has the same feel to me as [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] for some reason. Down-to-earth and kinda quiet, but a deep, intelligent thinker and very observant.

I also like [name_u]Oak[/name_u] and [name_u]Aven[/name_u] for boy (or maybe girl) names.

2 Likes

It’s not my own personal style, but I really like [name_u]Willow[/name_u] on a boy from afar! It might be a bit of a shock to some people because of how popular it is for girls rn, but I think it’s a really cool nature name for a boy! I also like it spelled [name_f]Willo[/name_f], and the nickname of [name_u]Will[/name_u] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think it’s fresh and beautiful for a boy :herb:

[name_m]Just[/name_m] me but please don’t do this to a child-

I love all [name_u]Will[/name_u] names but if it were me personally I would put [name_u]Willow[/name_u] in the middle name spot