Willow or Aurora?

Good luck :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

I prefer [name_u]Willow[/name_u] out of the two, simply because I find [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] a little hard to say :two_hearts:

2 Likes

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] for me! I think [name_u]Billie[/name_u] or [name_f]Lola[/name_f] are cute nns for [name_u]Willow[/name_u], but I adore [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], nn [name_u]Ari[/name_u]. :heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is pretty. I just don’t like how it sounds. I would go with [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] first and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] second.

1 Like

[name_u]Willow[/name_u]! So sweet and serene with a bold sound. (Aurora is lovely but hard to say.)

2 Likes

I love both, but prefer [name_u]Willow[/name_u].

1 Like

They’re both beautiful names but I like [name_u]Willow[/name_u] more. For some reason I always have a hard time saying [name_f]Aurora[/name_f].

1 Like

I love [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]! It’s a beautiful name with stunning imagery! There’s sleeping beauty as well as [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Borealis and the meaning dawn and light! However [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] seems like a name on it’s own and isn’t immediately associated with anything. Whenever I hear [name_u]Willow[/name_u], I always think of the tree and think “Hm…she was named after a tree” rather than “Oh she shares her name with a tree!” I much prefer [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and love the nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u]!

I love [name_u]Willow[/name_u]! [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is so pretty though as well, but I still think I would still lean towards [name_u]Willow[/name_u].

1 Like

So difficult- I think I’m leaning towards [name_u]Willow[/name_u]!

1 Like

Wow thanks soooooo much everyone for all your answers I really appreciate it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I prefer [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and it seems like that’s what you’re leaning for.

I like [name_u]Rory[/name_u] or [name_f]Aura[/name_f] or [name_u]Ari[/name_u] would be adorable also.

Also [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u] as a full name is really pretty if you wanted!!!

1 Like

Sending so much baby dust your way! Fingers crossed for a positive test. :crossed_fingers:

Such a hard decision…! Both are lovely names, with their pros and cons. I love the idea of [name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] or [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u] as a combo if that’s an option!

I think I have to vote for [name_u]Willow[/name_u] though. As others have said, [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] can be very difficult to say! @rorawhale might be good to talk to if she’s willing to talk about her experience being named [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. :slight_smile: :white_heart:

2 Likes

I’m leaning towards [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is beautiful!

1 Like

Seconding @eileithyia 's wishes for all the best baby-positive results of your test!!

As others have said, [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_u]Willow[/name_u] are both beautiful names! I do have some personal qualms with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] though, simply because I am named [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], and I found it incredibly difficult to say as a child due to all of the vowel sounds and Rs in it. That lead to me having a great deal of anger and shame harboured towards my name for much of my life, but I feel pretty neutrally on it now. That being said, there are surely plenty of people named [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] who have never had any issues with it and have always loved their name! I just think that it can be very difficult for children to say, and since a child will have to wear it, it may be easier to bear on the side of caution. If it’s an option, [name_u]Willow[/name_u] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] would be beautiful, and then you’d get to use both names still!

1 Like

@rorawhale thanks so much for the insight !!! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you mind me asking, what country are you from?
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you go by Rory??

I love both but I latched onto [name_u]Willow[/name_u] upon first glance :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_u]Willow[/name_u], because I struggle to say [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and have always liked [name_u]Willow[/name_u]. Also quite like [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] (which I find easier to pronounce). But I do love nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u] for [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]!

1 Like

I think [name_u]Willow[/name_u] but it’s close ! Good luck with your wait !

1 Like

I am from [name_f]Canada[/name_f] (southern ontario, so sorta near new york/the midwest for accent purposes), and I have never really gone by [name_u]Rory[/name_u], but I do go by [name_f]Rora[/name_f] or [name_f]Ro[/name_f], both of which I honestly prefer to [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. I do think [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is a very nice name, I just prefer it in theory than in practice, if that makes any sense.

1 Like