Willow Wren- is this silly?

Is [name]Willow[/name] [name]Wren[/name] too alliterative, even though the W is silent in [name]Wren[/name]? Does it sound pretty or silly? [name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Willow[/name] will be a dated name soon, or is it uncommon enough that it won’t become dated? I think I like [name]Willow[/name] in a way, but am disheartened that it only really became a name that’s used fairly frequently since the [name]Buffy[/name] series. The first year that it turns up on the SS 1000 name list is 1998- the year after [name]Buffy[/name] started. I don’t know how I feel about that.
Also, which do you prefer:
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Wren[/name] Marinaccio (more original)
or
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name] Marinaccio (more classic)

I think that [name]Willow[/name] is a beautiful name, and even if it had a sudden surge in popularity after [name]Buffy[/name], it’s not a name I ever hear (and I have three young kids). I don’t think it’ll ever be dated. And I really like the sound of [name]Willow[/name] [name]Wren[/name]…it’s not too alliterative out loud, which I think is more important anyway.

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is so perfect! I wish I could have used this name! But [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Wren[/name] is nice too. I love nature names. :slight_smile:

I do think [name]Willow[/name] [name]Wren[/name] is too alliterative. If you say it fast it runs together “willowren”… [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Wren[/name] is very well balanced though! [name]Lovely[/name] and much more original than [name]Rose[/name].

[name]Willow[/name] is a nice name but something about willow wren does not look or sound good. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Wren[/name]. Please [name]Do[/name] NOT use [name]Rose[/name] as a middle name it is so unoriginal and i would say 70% of babies and toddlers have that mn.

I’m not crazy about [name]Willow[/name] [name]Wren[/name] with it being a tree name followed by a bird name. Same with [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - you’ve got two color names. [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Wren[/name] is lovely though.

[name]Willow[/name] is my top name choice too and I have also wondered if it is too popular. I have never actually met a [name]Willow[/name] though so I think it’s still pretty safe. I also wonder if [name]Willow[/name] makes a better little girl’s name than a powerful woman’s name. Secretary of State [name]Willow[/name]?

Personally, I love nature names.

I am thinking “[name]Willow[/name] [name]River[/name]” or “[name]Willow[/name] Bean.”

I wouldn’t call it silly, but there’s something about it that I don’t really like. I can’t quite put my finger on it. It makes me think of a wren in a willow tree, which I suppose is a nice image, but maybe too obvious? I do love [name]Willow[/name] though. I think I like it better with a non nature name. I know, totally unoriginal but I love [name]Willow[/name] [name]Marie[/name].

I actually love [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name]! I prefer it to [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Wren[/name].

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Wren[/name] Marinaccio

I prefer this to [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name].

I love the name [name]Willow[/name], I do not think it will be dated. Its classic and pretty. I do really like [name]Willow[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Willow[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]. [name]Willow[/name] [name]Wren[/name] is a little… I dont know. I dont really love the name [name]Wren[/name] to be honest, but i do really like it as a middle with [name]Scarlett[/name]. I think that [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Willow[/name] are both lovely and go nicely with your last name. Maybe think about what their likely middle names are? That might help you decide. Also, I do not associate [name]Willow[/name] with [name]Buffy[/name] at all. I associate [name]Buffy[/name] only with [name]Buffy[/name] and [name]Angel[/name]!

[name]Willow[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Wren[/name](Is Mariacio the last name?)
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

Here are my faves in that order:
1.[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
2.[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
3. [name]Willow[/name] [name]Wren[/name]

I think that it flows fine.
But name-wise, here goes:
[name]Willow[/name]: Very pretty, and it flows alright with [name]Wren[/name]. I’ve met a lot of Willows lately, though, believe it or not. But, if you love a name you should use it if you truly love it.
[name]Wren[/name]: Not a fan, but I ike it more for a boy.
[name]Rose[/name]: Its a beautiful name.
[name]Scarlett[/name]: its alright.

[name]Willow[/name] [name]Wren[/name] - I find it hard to say - not that it’s alliterative since the W is silent in [name]Wren[/name], but more that I would end up saying Rillow [name]Ren[/name] or Willer [name]Ren[/name] or [name]Willow[/name] When. I would also avoid combining two word names.

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - I don’t like two word names together - makes it sound like red colored rose. Especially this one where both names are colors.
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Wren[/name] - I like this one better than [name]Rose[/name] but it’s still two word names.

I like the name [name]Willow[/name] (I like it better than [name]Scarlett[/name]). I don’t find it trendy and don’t think it will become dated.

Good luck!

I can’t say [name]Willow[/name] [name]Wren[/name] is silly - it isn’t. But there is definitely something off about it. I feel a little garbled when I say it, and I think it would be improved if the first name didn’t end in W, even though the W in [name]Wren[/name] is (slightly) silent - [name]Ren[/name] and [name]Wren[/name], to me, are not quite the same. I would say the name would be much improved as [name]Willa[/name] [name]Wren[/name] Marinaccio…

Also, I personally prefer [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name] to [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Wren[/name], simply because it gives you a better variety of vowel sounds. And, honestly, I don’t mind that [name]Rose[/name] is a common middle name when it is paired with the fairly unique and utterly romantic [name]Scarlett[/name]. You aren’t choosing [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - you’re choosing [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. To me, there is a definite difference. [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name] has a strong yet very feminine flair to it, romantic, slightly exotic, powerful, energetic, and elegant. It’s really a beautiful combination.

I think you need to decide which vibe you’re going for. Something like [name]Willow[/name] [name]Wren[/name] has a spunky, energetic, slightly playful feel to it, whereas [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name], though energetic and fun, is consumed by a sophisticated, romantic flair. I do think that [name]Willa[/name] [name]Wren[/name] goes a bit further towards a compromise between [name]Willow[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name], as it adds a bit more of a feminine, sophisticated flourish to the name.

Best of luck to you!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: