Winifred nn Winry?

Hello, berries! I’ve been loving the combo [name_f]Winry[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f], which was made by another berry(I forgot their username). But I also [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] as well. Could [name_f]Winry[/name_f] be a nn for [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], or would it be a stretch? Does [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] sound good together, or can [name_f]Winry[/name_f] work by itself?

1 Like

I think [name_f]Winry[/name_f] for [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] is a stretch, and I also think [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] is heavy on the F’s when said together.
To me, [name_f]Winry[/name_f] sounds like enough of it’s own name itself. Alternatively, [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] is absolutely adorable.

1 Like

Winry is definitely a plausible NN for [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]! However, I do think she might get called [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] a bunch by non-family members.

Winifred [name_f]Faye[/name_f] doesn’t have a great ring to me personally. Since the last two syllables start with F, it’s a bit of a tongue twister that might end in “[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] Fraye” if said quickly out loud.

I love the magical sounding combo [name_f]Winry[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]. [name_f]Winry[/name_f] would pair well with a lot of middles!

Winry [name_f]Neve[/name_f]
[name_f]Winry[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Winry[/name_f] [name_u]Harvest[/name_u]
[name_f]Winry[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Winry[/name_f] by itself but [name_f]Winfred[/name_f] nn [name_f]Winry[/name_f] makes sense too

1 Like

I prefer naming children what you plan to call them so I would go straight to [name_f]Winry[/name_f]. I really like [name_f]Winry[/name_f] and think it stands well on its own. I think either a one syllable, or two syllable middle name, flows so well with it.

Winry [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Winry[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Winry[/name_f] [name_f]Elle[/name_f]
[name_f]Winry[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Winry[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Winry[/name_f] [name_u]Briar[/name_u]

1 Like

Thats really funny I seconds ago took the little name quiz in the cottage core name blog post and got given the name [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], and clearly [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] is a great combo if you like cottage core lol.
I do think the [name_f]Winry[/name_f] could be a nick name but you would have to clarify it often as strangers and acquaintances would like mishear and call her [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]. So if that doesn’t bother you then I say go for it. Its a lovely name and nickname!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Winry[/name_f] is adorable as a nickname! It does seem like a natural name to get from [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f], which is also a sweet-sounding and ethereal combo imo.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Winry[/name_f] totally works as a nn for [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], and as much as I do like [name_f]Winry[/name_f], I do always think of the anime Fullmetal Alchemist, where the name originated from, so in general I like the idea of it as a nn more than as a given name (but even then I don’t dislike it as a given name!)

I also just have a great big soft spot for Winifred and think [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] is gorgeous.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Winry[/name_f] works perfectly well as a nn for [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]. Not a stretch at all! :slight_smile:
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] is a little F-heavy, but I think it still works. [name_f]Winry[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] is super cute! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch! [name_f]Winry[/name_f] is a cute nickname for [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], although I generally prefer [name_f]Winnie[/name_f].

1 Like

Winry definitely works for [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], though I think it can stand alone. [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] is gorgeous!

1 Like

I think I prefer [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] for a nickname too.

1 Like

As someone who has a little [name_f]Winry[/name_f] I think that is a fabulous name and works very well on its own. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: that being said When i was researching my daughters name, I did find some sites that listed [name_f]Winry[/name_f] as a medieval type nickname for [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] so I definitely think it could work as a nickname, the only problem I could see is that [name_f]Winry[/name_f] and [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] sound very similar and [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is the more common/accepted nickname so even if you introduced her as [name_f]Winry[/name_f] there’s a good chance that people will still assume you said [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] and call her that. (Also it’s amazing how many people get confused and call her [name_f]Winfrey[/name_f], as in [name_f]Oprah[/name_f], so that’s something else to consider)

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], but [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] is a little heavy on the ‘f’ consonants, but I still adore it! I think [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], nn [name_f]Winry[/name_f] is a little far, but still manageable. I like [name_f]Winry[/name_f], but with [name_f]Faye[/name_f], it is a bit of a tongue twister. I just said “[name_f]Winry[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]” aloud and ended up saying “[name_f]Winry[/name_f] Fray”, but I’m not a native [name_f]English[/name_f] speaker. It is still cute! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]May[/name_f] / [name_f]Maye[/name_f] / [name_f]Mae[/name_f]?

1 Like