Winston?

Is this a good name, or is it too much of a dog name to be used for a human?

i actually love winston!! i know a guy with this name and it suits him well (he’s early 20s)

it does have a bit of a pet name quality to it but i think that’s just because a lot of people associate ‘old-man’ names with dogs.

milo, max, teddy, luna, lily and bella etc. are all very well used human names that are also popular for dogs/pets so i don’t see why winston can’t work for a human, it would be quite refreshing to meet a baby winston and winn/winnie make good nicknames.

[name_f]My[/name_f] first reaction was no - makes me think of a dog and/or [name_m]Winston[/name_m] [name_m]Churchill[/name_m]. But now that I’m sitting with it I think it could work for a little one! Win/Wyn names are trendy right now and so are -ton -son endings. Why not??

1 Like

I love [name_m]Winston[/name_m] and think it’s wearable! The dog (and Churchill) association is there, but I don’t think it makes it unusable.

1 Like

I really like [name_m]Winston[/name_m]. It’s literary and cool!

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Winston[/name_m]! Doesn’t seem like a dog name to me. it’s a great name. :heart:

I know of a [name_m]Winston[/name_m] who’s probably in his late 20s or early 30s, so I think it works. And I love “Win” as a nn! :slight_smile:

I don’t think of it as a dog name at all. I connect it more to [name_u]New[/name_u] [name_f]Girl[/name_f] than anything. Definitely works on a human imo!

I love [name_m]Winston[/name_m]! I don’t think of it as a dog name at all. I had it on our baby name list and really wanted to use it but my husband vetoed it. I think [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] would be a cute nickname for it.

I think [name_m]Winston[/name_m] is really cool. Yes, it does get used as a pet name but so do great, widely used names like [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] so I wouldn’t let that stop you.

If anything I think of [name_m]Winston[/name_m] from 1984 and [name_m]Winston[/name_m] [name_m]Churchill[/name_m], so it has a stately, literary feel to me.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Winston[/name_m]! It has a prom and proper vibe to me kind of where I’d put [name_m]Alistair[/name_m], [name_m]Martin[/name_m] or [name_m]Rupert[/name_m].

[name_m]Ive[/name_m] never heard of a dog named [name_m]Winston[/name_m]!

Great name!

I LOVE [name_m]Winston[/name_m] and I don’t think about dogs at all, I think of [name_m]Winston[/name_m] [name_m]Churchill[/name_m] and [name_m]Winston[/name_m] [name_m]Smith[/name_m] from 1984. I actually have an internet friend from UK who goes by [name_m]Winston[/name_m] and Wins/Vince

I think [name_m]Winston[/name_m], nn [name_u]Win[/name_u] is actually great! You could go with [name_m]Weston[/name_m] if [name_m]Winston[/name_m] feels like too much.