🧙 Witchy names

These are my favorites. Which one would you pick and why? Which one is your least favorite?

Comments on all names very much appreciated. Let me know if you like them and what a person named this would be like:

[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Hecate[/name_f]
[name_f]Selena[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]
[name_f]Samantha[/name_f]
[name_f]Prudence[/name_f]
[name_f]Sibyl[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] & [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] are my faves bc I love the shows they are associated with!

[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] nn [name_f]Bri[/name_f] is really cute and is probably my favorite. It’s also a mythological name and gives me very GIRL POWER! vibes :muscle:t2::ribbon:

When I picture [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f], I see a little girl who loves going to the river and collecting rocks to put on her shelf. The rarest of children on the playground - standing up for people being teased whether outright or subliminally - even when it is not popular to do so. She has 1 best friend at a time and prefers to be choosey with whom she gives her energy and time.

As a teenager, [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] goes back to the river again and again, as if she is drawn to its power and grace. The sound of the current soothes her soul, that is tormented by seeing the evil in the world around her. She is a true empath. She is a hopeless romantic and looks for the magic in every moment, but sometimes she attracts people who want to abuse her kindness and soft soul.

As an adult, I see [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] working in Social Services, fighting to help women that are in tough or violent situations so they can get the help they need. [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] has no fear of any man and she gives other women confidence at any chance she gets. The few people she allows close to her she devotes herself to completely. She still goes to the river every week alone to meditate and cleanse her mind of all the chaos around her.

1 Like

[name_f]Hecate[/name_f] is my favourite - distinctive, sharp, and intriguing - it sounds a bit like a charm

[name_f]Prudence[/name_f] is my least fave - not a fan of the meaning - though I do like the sound of [name_f]Prue[/name_f] - and it doesn’t feel witchy to me

1 Like

I love [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]! I’ve been wondering if it’s feeling less like a one-person/ Teenage Witch character and more wearable for anyone with [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] Carpenter giving it a different (and prominent) image?

1 Like

Personally I’d pick [name_f]Samantha[/name_f], just love it. [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] is my runner-up, but both would be first choice depending on the style you’re going for.

[name_f]Samantha[/name_f] doesn’t much sound witchy to me, however.

[name_f]My[/name_f] least favorite is [name_f]Hecate[/name_f], just because it’s a bit complicated.

1 Like

i like all of these names!

sabrina, selena, and cassandra feel more able to fit in seamlessly in everyday life without feeling spooky or heavy, especially with celebrities like sabrina carpenter and selena gomez!

samantha feels a bit dated, to be honest, but very much like sabrina and selena in vibes— and prudence and agatha feel a little heavy amongst the lilting vowel names of today but still very pretty! i associate those two with bridgerton
(agatha danbury and prudence featherington)

sibyl and hecate feel the most traditional witchy to me!

FAVORITE: [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]!
LEAST FAVORITE: [name_f]Prudence[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_f]Hecate[/name_f]! It’s been my favourite. [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] and [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] are the more wearable ones from your list. I like [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] as well, but spelt [name_f]Sybil[/name_f]. Least favourite would be [name_f]Samantha[/name_f], because I think it lacks any personality.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] but I’m also a bit biased since that my name and I’ve always liked it. [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] is my second pick, its the only one I actually have on my own list but I also think [name_f]Hecate[/name_f] sounds really cool and the idea of a really unusual name with a very normal nickname like [name_f]Hecate[/name_f] nn [name_f]Katie[/name_f] is always really charming to me. [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] and [name_f]Selena[/name_f] are both very pretty. [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] and [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] have been growing on me lately but I’m more used to [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] spelled this way so that looks better to me. [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] has never appealed to me, I think it might be the similarity to the word prude, but [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Patience[/name_f] have similar sounds and I like both of those. A couple other witchy names I like: [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], [name_f]Octavia[/name_f], [name_f]Vivian[/name_f], [name_f]Zelda[/name_f], [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f].

1 Like