Wolf, Wolfe or Wolfgang?

See the results of this poll: Which do you prefer as a standalone name?

Respondents: 38 (This poll is closed)

• Wolf : 14 (37%)
  • Wolfe : 10 (26%)
  • Wolfgang: 14 (37%)

[name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] is my preference of the three. I think it looks more complete / more like a name than [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] does. That being said, I still enjoy the spelling [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] as a middle name. I wholly dislike [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m], I go back and forth between thinking of a gang of wolves and [name_m]Mozart[/name_m].

Also, I accidentally clicked [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] in the poll instead of [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] so that’s out there. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] or [name_m]Wolf[/name_m]

I like both [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] and [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m]

[name_m]Wolf[/name_m] seems more rugged

[name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] seems more distinguished, and it’s probably the one I’d use due to the connection to Theolbald [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] Tone

I prefer [name_m]Wolf[/name_m]. I outright dislike [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m]. I prefer [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] to [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] for ease of spelling. They sound identical, but I believe the [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] spelling is more obvious and less fussy.

I like [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] the best. It’s pretty bad ass.

Ditto @southern.maple. I can never get enough of [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m]! Its magnificence is underappreciated.

Thanks everyone who voted/commented so far. Sounds like [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] is a real love or hate it name so might get more mixed reactions than [name_m]Wolf[/name_m]/[name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] alone which seems to be widely appreciated.

I think [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] is pretty majestic too, just grappling with whether to use [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] even though most days he would go by Wolfie or [name_m]Wolf[/name_m]…