Wolfe or wolfgang and middle name help

I’m Calling in baby number 4 and i cant help but dream up baby boy combinations for a little brother to [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]

[name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] or [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] is my conundrum (leaning slightly more towards [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] due to our [name_m]Irish[/name_m] heritage)

Also would love middle name advice
Family names include
[name_m]Harry[/name_m], Thomas/Tom, [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_m]Declan[/name_m]

[name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] [name_m]Harry[/name_m]
[name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] [name_m]Declan[/name_m]
[name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

would love to hear your thoughts :slight_smile:

1 Like

I personally think [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] works better outside of Europe and [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] is most usable in Europe. But that’s me.

You could also go with [name_m]Conal[/name_m] (there’s several spellings) which means "strong as a wolf/ “wolf chief” and is [name_m]Irish[/name_m] :slight_smile:

It’s a hard one! I generally think that [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] is a bit too heavy to wear in English-speaking circles. It’s just a name with a lot of personality that I don’t see everyone being able to pull off! I quite like [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] – it made me pause for a moment because I do think it’s a bit matchy with [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] (both animal names with a couple letters off, basically) but I still think it’s very handsome! Overall, I’d go for [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m]. All of your middle names work well with it, but [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is my fave!

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] over [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] because I don’t like the “gang” part in the name. [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] looks amazing with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] because both can be considered a word name. [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] also reminds me of dolphins :dolphin:
I think the four names together have a very european vibe and interesting connections. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] reminds me of the [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] borealis in the Nordic countries. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is a classic, traditional choice in multiple places. It reminds me about [name_f]Ireland[/name_f], the UK and some places in Central Europe. [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] also makes me think about German-speaking countries or English-speaking countries. At last, [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] has a very romantic [name_m]French[/name_m] sound.

[name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is my favorite.

I definitely prefer [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m]!

[name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] [name_m]Declan[/name_m], [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] and [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] sound good! Balanced between cool and solid.

I like [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] as a middle !! [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] or [name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] seem to flow really well in my ear with sisters names

I like [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]

[name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] would be my choice!

I like [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] and [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], but I do also think that Thomas/Samuel/Harry as a first would be great with your girls’ names!

I prefer [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] and my favorite combo would be [name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]! Also love your girls’ names especially [name_f]Delphine[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love Wolf/Wolfe, I strongly considered using it somewhere in my sons name, and I really do like [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] too but I can’t get over the gang part.

I don’t care for [name_m]Harry[/name_m] with [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] as backwards the name would literally be ‘hairy wolf’

[name_m]Wolf[/name_m] sounds stronger with a classic name rather than a trendier one, so I’d have to cast my vote for [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] and [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

[name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] because then you can still nickname them wolfe or wolfie.

As a fellow [name_m]German[/name_m] & [name_m]Irish[/name_m] mix, my parents’ solution for naming my brother and I was this:

(English forename) (German middle name) (Irish surname).

I’ll use a similar format to create some potential names:

-Brendan [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m].
-Wolfe [name_m]Heinrich[/name_m].
-Desmond [name_m]Heinz[/name_m].
-Fritz [name_m]Owen[/name_m].
-Cornelius Friedhelm.

Additionally, here’s some names inspired by your listed family names:

-Thomas [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m].
-Wolfgang [name_m]Harrison[/name_m].
-Samuel [name_m]Joachim[/name_m].
-Declan [name_m]Friedrich[/name_m].
-Thomas [name_m]Johannes[/name_m].
-Thomas [name_m]Gordon[/name_m].
-Wolfgang [name_m]Tobias[/name_m].

Lastly, here’s some 100% [name_m]Irish[/name_m] or 100% [name_m]German[/name_m] names:

-Wolfgang [name_m]Wilhelm[/name_m].
-Declan [name_m]Padraig[/name_m].
-Torsten [name_m]Klaus[/name_m].
-Edmund [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m].

wolfe sounds lovely, wolfe declan stood out to me it flows nice